• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Maybe I was wrong about KENNY PICKETT after reading these evaluations.

Panthers Rhule

18 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Post as many opinion pieces you want..

Facts are he was a 2nd round pick because his talent and resume deemed it that way..

I wouldn't have drafted him top 10 then and I wouldn't give up a top 10 pick for him now.  

And I feel even worse about Pickett who I don't think can carry Carr's Jock...

And what elite talent did Burrow have to make him a number one pick? Arm/athletic ability was average and his hands were small. He was simply the best in the NCAA at playing QB. They looked at his numbers and record breaking season and were blown away. Pickett is just that on a smaller level. He didn’t quite hit Burrow’s numbers and of course win the championship. Burrow had a more talented team, but played against more talented defenses. 

Regardless I feel like this conversation is going to go in circles. You aren’t high on Pickett and I don’t really have any issues with him. As usual you gave brought up good counter points though and I’ve enjoyed the debate!

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

And what elite talent did Burrow have to make him a number one pick? Arm/athletic ability was average and his hands were small. He was simply the best in the NCAA at playing QB. They looked at his numbers and record breaking season and were blown away. Pickett is just that on a smaller level. He didn’t quite hit Burrow’s numbers and of course win the championship. Burrow had a more talented team, but played against more talented defenses. 

Regardless I feel like this conversation is going to go in circles. You aren’t high on Pickett and I don’t really have any issues with him. As usual you gave brought up good counter points though and I’ve enjoyed the debate!

I really don't want to go over this again..

But the difference with Burrows was when he got his opportunity he blew up for 67 td .. He didn't get 4 years of opportunities like Pickett.. 

And Again I wouldn't have drafted him  number 1 based off 1 season either.. I would have been wrong so far.. But history back me up most of the time.. One year wonders usually flame out... 

But we can agree to disagree..

I think the 4years of meh and the 1 good year of QB play by Pickett avg. Out to a 2nd or 3rd round pick QB.. And with no Elite skillset or upside that where he is for me?? 

I just want ppl to post all the numbers and all the breakdown when discussing him..  Don't cherry pick to improve your narrative..

On 3/11/2022 at 9:43 PM, Immaculate said:

Herbert was a talented QB with a strong arm. His problem coming out of college was that he is introvert and not a good leader. Kenny Pickett isn’t Herbert. If you want a QB that has the best chance to be a franchise QB, it’s Malik Willis. I’ll always go with the guy with the arm talent. 

Go watch Liberty play ULM, Louisiana, and Ole Miss.

God he was terrible in those games and I do not, I repeat, DO NOT, want Willis. He wilts under pressure and could not handle it at all in those three games. He doesn't read the defense, he doesn't react well to pressure, and when the defense is as fast as him, he folds.

Give me Grayson McCall next year. 

28 minutes ago, CPcavedweller said:

Go watch Liberty play ULM, Louisiana, and Ole Miss.

God he was terrible in those games and I do not, I repeat, DO NOT, want Willis. He wilts under pressure and could not handle it at all in those three games. He doesn't read the defense, he doesn't react well to pressure, and when the defense is as fast as him, he folds.

Give me Grayson McCall next year. 

I watched the Ole Miss game and he played terrible the first half. It was a huge mismatch. His OL got destroyed by a superior DL and he had no one open. What exactly did you want him to do there?? Liberty vs Ole Miss could have/should have looked a lot worse. That’s usually a 50 point win for Ole Miss.