• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

12 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Just watched Keeeppounding_TV's latest episode. He made some good points that the Texans dont really have a need for someone like Jeremy Chinn, and they would have our 6th pick and their 3rd. So whatever we are offering them would have to be their weakpoints on their roster:

1. IDL
2. Pass rusher
3. WR
4. RB
5. QB (of course)

Sounds like a combo of Brown, Burns, McCaffrey, or Moore. With a sprinkle of HOPE from us that Darnold is included. 

I said this last week. I'll say it again now. It's a win/win for the fan base whatever happens. If we trade for Watson. We have a reason to be excited for this season. Instead of going in knowing it's going to be an unmitigated disaster. If we don't trade for Watson. This season is going to be garbage as we all know and Rhule will be fired after we watch this shitt show for another year. For a record 4th straight season where we will win 5 games or less. 

• Pie 1

Just now, frankw said:

If he chose Miami last time odds are he will choose a better destination should the opportunity arise. Fans spent the last three months dogging Matt Rhule 24 hours a day now they're trying to sell him to Watson 🤣💀

Watson will outlast Rhule in Carolina. This is a long term play, has nothing to do with selling Rhule to Watson but selling Watson on what Tepper could offer him such as input on coaching staff.

• Beer 1

Just now, frankw said:

If he chose Miami last time odds are he will choose a better destination should the opportunity arise. Fans spent the last three months dogging Matt Rhule 24 hours a day now they're trying to sell him to Watson 🤣💀

Yeah, no. His options aren't that plentiful. Is Miami Seattle now? Because that's basically his only REAL option other than Carolina. And Seattle doesn't have the assets player wise the Texans covet. But hey man, because last year he wanted to go to Miami. That will make him want to go to a Seattle team that is in just as bad, if not a worse situation than Carolina is in. And a 10X better Division at that. LOL. 

Let me stop bringing facts to an opinion party here. 

1 minute ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

I said this last week. I'll say it again now. It's a win/win for the fan base whatever happens. If we trade for Watson. We have a reason to be excited for this season. Instead of going in knowing it's going to be an unmitigated disaster. If we don't trade for Watson. This season is going to be garbage as we all know and Rhule will be fired after we watch this shitt show for another year. For a record 4th straight season where we will win 5 games or less. 

I'm failing to understand how what you're describing is win/win.

Just now, NCTHFL0567 said:

Yeah, no. His options aren't that plentiful. Is Miami Seattle now? Because that's basically his only REAL option other than Carolina. And Seattle doesn't have the assets player wise the Texans covet. But hey man, because last year he wanted to go to Miami. That will make him want to go to a Seattle team that is in just as bad, if not a worse situation than Carolina is in. And a 10X better Division at that. LOL. 

Let me stop bringing facts to an opinion party here. 

It doesn't matter what players Seattle does or doesn't have to offer. At the end of the day, Watson has a ton of control over his situation via the no trade clause. If Seattle and Carolina both have offers on the table and Carolina's is better but Watson says he'll only waive his no trade clause for Seattle then it doesn't matter that Carolina's offer wa better.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm failing to understand how what you're describing is win/win.

Because Rhule will be gone if we don't trade for Watson. That's how. 

I mean, since I've been on here I've been told how Rhule is garbage. Would that not be a win if he's fired after next season? We get Watson, that's a win. We don't get Watson. Rhule is fired (eventually). That's a win. Right? 

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It doesn't matter what players Seattle does or doesn't have to offer. At the end of the day, Watson has a ton of control over his situation via the no trade clause. If Seattle and Carolina both have offers on the table and Carolina's is better but Watson says he'll only waive his no trade clause for Seattle then it doesn't matter that Carolina's offer wa better.

It's already been reported he will waive his no trade clause. So that point seems to be gone. 

Just now, NCTHFL0567 said:

Because Rhule will be gone if we don't trade for Watson. That's how. 

I mean, since I've been on here I've been told how Rhule is garbage. Would that not be a win if he's fired after next season? We get Watson, that's a win. We don't get Watson. Rhule is fired (eventually). That's a win. Right? 

Rhule will likely be gone either way. He's over his head and Tepper is probably quietly swallowing that bitter pill.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

Rhule will likely be gone either way. He's over his head and Tepper is probably quietly swallowing that bitter pill.

I mean, without Watson, it's a given he'll be fired after next year. Our QB situation is hot ass without Watson. With Watson, in our not so great division? If Watson plays all 17 games? Eh. Maybe. 

1 minute ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

It's already been reported he will waive his no trade clause. So that point seems to be gone. 

With no clarification. That could mean he's willing to waive it period. It could also mean that he simply won't block the move if it's the only option on the table. If there are two competing offers, Watson has the ability to choose his fate, that's all I'm saying.