• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

A QB that can be a TE, FB and QB.

Jangler

Other than Peyton Manning, and even he had a bad rookie season, name any QB that has ever come into the NFL ready to play? Maybe Dan Marino.

Why even bring up McCoy or Bradford, the Panthers will never be able to trade up to get either of them. I'm just trying to bring up realistic QBs that we might be able to get a hold of, and they won't be there when our 1st pick comes up.

Gosh, this place is going to go Phillyapeshit if the Panthers draft The Golden Calf of Bristol and I will laugh my ass off. Not saying they will, but I won't be surprised if they did draft him.

Gosh, this place is going to go Phillyapeshit if the Panthers draft The Golden Calf of Bristol and I will laugh my ass off. Not saying they will, but I won't be surprised if they did draft him.

I'd be surprised. It just doesn't make any sense for us. His greatest value is his ability to play multiple positions, but we don't have any great need at those positions (FB, TE, HB). We need a QB--a pocket passer, play-action guy with a big arm. The Golden Calf of Bristol doesn't fit that mold. If we lose Fox and Davidson and bring in some guys with a totally different offensive philosophy, then maybe he would fit here. But assuming that Fox is still here next year (IMO he will be), The Golden Calf of Bristol doesn't fit in our offense.

Ryan looks great in his second year.... Flacco still has to be proven and Big Ben got lucky being on the Steelers, Remember he had one of the worst Superbowls for a winning QB ever.

Yet they all competed and did fairly well...as rookies...thus were ready. That's what you asked for, who was ready. They were. It doesn't matter how they faired. Hell, Peyton was pure crap as a rookie but he was ready.

Jangler, don't get me wrong. I actually *fully expect* for Fox/Hurney to pull the trigger on The Golden Calf of Bristol if he falls to us. He's a carbon-copy of Jake Delhomme in a lot of ways. I'd like to say that The Golden Calf of Bristol is a poor man's Jake Delhomme, but a better analogy is that Jake Delhomme is a poor man's The Golden Calf of Bristol.

I just don't see how drafting him with our 2nd rounder will end well. He'll either be a total bust and set us even further back at quarterback or he'll languish behind Jake for longer than anyone will want. The best scenario with The Golden Calf of Bristol would be to draft him, sign a cheap free agent quarterback like Kellen Clemens to start until The Golden Calf of Bristol is ready, and then keep Jake around if he'd be willing to take a demotion to the third-string quarterback. However, that would never happen because we would have to give The Golden Calf of Bristol a pretty large contract for a second round pick plus we would have plenty of money tied up in someone like Clemens PLUS that $20 million guaranteed contact albatross sitting there as the emergency quarterback. And I'm sure Jake would never take a demotion like that anyway and there's no chance in Hades that John Fox EVER benches Jake all the way down to third.

And I'm sure Jake would never take a demotion like that anyway and there's no chance in Hades that John Fox EVER benches Jake all the way down to third.

What are the odds on Jake getting benched at all? I'm not much of a betting man, but I think I can win this one.

The Golden Calf of Bristol is not an NFL quarterback. Leadership and all that crap is so overblown. Many quarterbacks are leaders on their teams, motivate guys, etc. They just aren't on national television every other week or as animated as The Golden Calf of Bristol. Unless we plan on using the wildcat as a base offense (even then The Golden Calf of Bristol isn't very fast, just big), I don't see why we would even consider him.

Every year he's had nothing but studs surrounding him. Any QB could look good with a half dozen guys running sub 4.5s around them. He's a one read and run guy most of the time so he doesn't have to try to force something usually. I'd rather have any of the top 10 or so QBs over him that are actual pocket passers and not a wildcat QB.

Guys, I'm about sick of all the quarterback posts. They are getting as annoying as Vick post because they are in the same vein. They are all spur of the moment "matter-of-fact" post with no support and no logic put into them. Ok... so you know for a fact that The Golden Calf of Bristol is going to be this great quarterback because of what? I repect you Jangler... I also respect Hayden and wished my face could be her jeans... but I digress.

The problem my friend is with mechanics, and the offense. Look at how good the insane stat'd QB last year from Texas Tech is doing this year in the NFL... oh thats right.. he didn't get drafted did he.... damn... See my friend, the spread is just basically an offensive cheat code for college offenses because defensive speed, coordination, and .... speed are no where near the level of speed and attack plan that can be generated on offense.

The Spread Offense simply has all these super fast people running crossing routes screwing up man defense or zone coverage and the quarterback just zips it to the first super wide open reciever because of a simple little read they make ever time they come out. They dont really know how to read coverages, they just look at the number of people in the box and where the safties are and follow basically a trouble shooting guide they have memorized and get the ball to where they guess it should be... or just run it every time there are not more than 5 in the box.

Unlike these QB's from spread offenses the only ones to consider for immediate results will be swooped up by smart organizations in the first round. QB's that play in a pro-style offense such as Jimmy Clausen, Ryan Mallet, or Jake Lockers (if any enter the draft they are the only candidates for possible rookie season play). Any other QB of a spread offense fame would be a disastrous pick if you tried to start him anytime before week 8 and that ONLY if the guy is super good and was just FORCED to play in a spread offense. But even then expect to wait years for any spread offense QB to develop ESPECIALLY:

(Too Long: Didn't Read Version) The Golden Calf of Bristol WHO HAS NO FOUNDAMENTALS OR TECHNIQUE WHAT SO EVER. YOU WOULD HAVE TO WHIP HIM AND PUT HIM THROUGH ELCTRO SHOCK THERAPY FOR 2 YEARS JUST FOR HIM TO FORGET THE WRONG TECHNIQUES HE HAS BEEN TAUGHT AT FLORIDA JUST SO THEY CAN WIN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS, THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THEIR PLAYERS FUTURES IN THE NFL, THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT THEMSELVES.

(Too Long: Didn't Read Version) The Golden Calf of Bristol WHO HAS NO FOUNDAMENTALS OR TECHNIQUE WHAT SO EVER. YOU WOULD HAVE TO WHIP HIM AND PUT HIM THROUGH ELCTRO SHOCK THERAPY FOR 2 YEARS JUST FOR HIM TO FORGET THE WRONG TECHNIQUES HE HAS BEEN TAUGHT AT FLORIDA JUST SO THEY CAN WIN NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS, THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THEIR PLAYERS FUTURES IN THE NFL, THEY ONLY CARE ABOUT THEMSELVES.

The Golden Calf of Bristol actually had that weird throwing motion when he got to Florida. Thats what worries me did they not fix it because they couldn't or was it just because they didn't want to fix something that wasn't broken (look at the sucess hes had with that motion). I just think he is to much of a risk in the 2nd

Archived