• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Ryan likely being traded to the Colts

Verge

12 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Yup.  I'm not sold on Pickett or Willis and our defense will eat either of them alive.  The Falcons know we are interested in a QB.  To get their guy, they are going to have to move up.

If you (and others) are not sold on Pickett or Willis, what makes you think the Falcons are? They may not want either guy, especially if they have to give up a lot to get them. If Ryan is traded I'm not so sure they'd move up. They may take the best player available and use this draft to lay a strong  foundation and zoom in on a QB next year.

Just now, SCO96 said:

If you (and others) are not sold on Pickett or Willis, what makes you think the Falcons are? They may not want either guy, especially if they have to give up a lot to get them. If Ryan is traded I'm not so sure they'd move up. They may take the best player available and use this draft to lay a strong  foundation and zoom in on a QB next year.

So they are copying what we should be doing?

8 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Nah, just up to the Jets.  The Giants may be in play for a QB.  It's doubtful that the Texans or Detroit take one that high.  I think the Texans sit tight and take their guy next year in a MUCH better QB class.  Remember they just got a TON of draft capital.  Same with Detroit. They are on the hook with Goff for 3 more seasons.  No need to draft his replacement right now.

Oh yeah I was just saying since I hate the falcons, wasn’t something I thought they’d do 

5 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

I'd go out and outbid them for Mariota and force their hand.  I know, a complete d*ck move, but hey, we are talking about the Falcons!

I'm worried less about it being a dick move than I am about the fact that I don't think Mariota is that good.

Definitely don't think he's good enough to want to outbid a team that actually wants him.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm worried less about it being a dick move than I am about the fact that I don't think Mariota is that good.

Definitely don't think he's good enough to want to outbid a team that actually wants him.

He doesn't have to an All Pro, just better than Darnold...and yes, just a stopgap until next draft.