• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Pick Should Be Charles Cross or Evan Neal, Period!!!

Matthias

11 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I don't know how many games Darnold can win.  Minshew can win more, most likely.  Baker may be in there somewhere.  But I also am not sold on any of the QBs in the draft this year winning any more, either.  The whole group looks like a bunch of solid 3rd round picks, except of course we don't have a third round pick (at least yet).

To those who think a shiny new QB can overcome anything, how did Mahomes do when his OL was depleted in the Super Bowl against Tampa?  Brady has a history of looking very pedestrian when his OL has been consistently outplayed by a pass rush that did not require selling out the coverage (think two Super Bowl losses against the Giants, and for that matter the game NE won over the Rams 13-3).  You have to give any QB a fighting chance. 

Our OL has looked depleted or outplayed almost every game, and while they look better on paper after FA, we still have no idea whether the LT position is settled or not (thanks to them not playing BC there nearly enough to know).

^This 100%

I wonder what the situation was with Joe Brady and Sam.  Brady isn't in Panthers Confidential at all.  Phil Snow is, but not Brady.  Even in the meeting discussing getting Sam, Brady is not there.  Rhule said that the idea for Sam came from Snow, not Brady.  Brady didn't even go to the senior bowl.    Maybe Brady was against the Sam trade.  His comments early on "I have something with Sam Darnold" and "he's growing from his experiences". 

Mac is an upgrade here, because he seems to have an eye for this stuff and Rhule is going to listen to him more than Brady.

Maybe there’s more that we don’t know about Brady’s work at Panthers. The best outcome for us is the new OC to make a big difference for Sam to take the next big step.  Then we can stop hunting for the next franchise QB.  Getting a OT from the draft makes the most sense.