• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Duke / UNC game thread

Zod

2 minutes ago, Cary Kollins said:

Yeah, those articles go against his own points lol. not the brightest bulb on the porch

His post was also wrong… and this is just a sample.

Per 100,000

Greensboro - 530

Durham - 439

Goldsboro - 414

Greenville - 362

Asheville - 316

I get it, you live in Durham and are upset that your city struggles with violence outside of a few areas… you continue to strive to be a little Charlotte.

1 minute ago, Cary Kollins said:

I get it. Living outside Asheville is not for folks who can stand a lot of diversity. Unless you want diversity of the types of meth to choose from.

The city and surrounding areas of Asheville have more diversity then the triangle combined… we just prefer our “violent” crime to be linked to potheads rather than gangs… enjoy your Durham.. you are one of the few.

5 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

But but but he just wants to go to a bar and not get shot.   

Last time I when to a durham bar, they made me wait at check point(about 2 full minutes)while my two black female friends walked in.

I miss the HELL of georges, had soooo much funny times there. great memorizes. 

48 minutes ago, Basbear said:

FYI- Durhams goal is to be little new york.

Each passing day they get closer, again pouring millions if not billions into, it started to happen about 15 years ago.

Go price the newer condos, they have an manhattan price tag...

Oh, I know. They tore down the bank in the middle of downtown, and are building a multi million dollar condo place next to Bull McCabe's. My house here in Durham is worth 100% more than we bought it. I hate it's getting like this, but it's getting like this everywhere. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I’ll give him props for living in Greensboro for a year because for my money it’s the worst city in NC.

I cannot believe at one point greensboro was the largest city in NC. I had customers there ,it did feel this a dying area(hard to describe ....tho I have not been there in about 15 years. 

• Beer 1

48 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

The issue here is that the nice parts of Durham aren’t the only parts of Durham.

How much has Durham changed since 2019? Because only three years ago it was still the most unsafe city in NC outside of High Point.

Not to mention, if Durham is so nice then why are they talking about adding shot spotter again… the town may have added nice tenants and buildings, essentially putting lipstick on a pig… but it’s still crime infested.

I’d rather walk into a Target and know I’m not going to get shot at then walk into a bar and not walk out later.

I can tell you haven't been to Durham, or you wouldn't be saying the shitt you're spouting. Because it's horse poo. 

• Beer 1

37 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I mean it is unfortunate for the city. Even though I’m a Carolina guy… Duke is one of if not the most beautiful campus in the country and it’s without a doubt the best hospital in the country. The downtown area seems relatively hip and safe but it does seem that they’ve pushed a lot of crime out but it’s on the outskirts of Durham which unfortunately for Durham… is still part of Durham.

The "outskirts" that you speak of no one goes to. But I digress. Nor do they have to go to. 

1 minute ago, Basbear said:

I cannot believe at one point greensboro was the largest city in NC. I had customers there ,it did feel this a dying area(hard to describe ....tho I have not been there in about 15 years. 

There’s not much going for it all.

Durham is trying to build itself up, obviously Charlotte is Charlotte, Raleigh is meh, Wilmington and Asheville are probably the nicest cities in NC.

3 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Went and visited a friend there recently. Wasn't impressed. At all. 

1 minute ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

The "outskirts" that you speak of no one goes to. But I digress. Nor do they have to go to. 

And it’s still part of the city….

Which is the point that everyone is missing. For what it’s worth Chapel Hill in its entirety is a nicer area than Durham even if Durham has the cool and vibrant art scene and bars because it’s catered to 30+ where Chapel Hill is catered to 18 to 29.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

There’s not much going for it all.

Durham is trying to build itself up, obviously Charlotte is Charlotte, Raleigh is meh, Wilmington and Asheville are probably the nicest cities in NC.

Asheville is our favorite city to visit in NC. Wilmington's downtown area sucks now compared to when I was growing up down there. Durham has built itself up. Not sure you've been here enough to think that.