• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB talk with Polian

Shocker

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Trask was a better college QB he was just physically limited. Pickett's arm isn't any better. He's a better athlete but it doesn't really show up on game day.

He's a prototype 2nd rounder.

Darnold played behind a good OL at USC where he was also plagued by turnover issues. Darnold just isn't a QB. He's a talented thrower of the football but he's not a QB.

USC is a different story but I would be stupid not to recognize the turnovers with Sam.  That was literally the first thought that popped in my head when we traded for him.  He doesn’t read the defense at all.  That is really the downfall with Sam.  “It factor” is missing 

2 minutes ago, Shocker said:

USC is a different story but I would be stupid not to recognize the turnovers with Sam.  That was literally the first thought that popped in my head when we traded for him.  He doesn’t read the defense at all.  That is really the downfall with Sam.  “It factor” is missing 

Darnold is a panicker. When things don't go perfectly to plan he panics. He sticks with his first read until he comes open or something makes him panic. His good plays come when his first read is open or immediate pressure forces him to go to his hot read or check down. Those are the only two scenarios where he succeeds.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Go watch Howell and Corral.

Stop…Howell and Corral are both very average.  I love Sam Howell but he is lacking in many areas.  Corral hasn’t figured out is own life yet much less leading an NFL team.

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

Stop…Howell and Corral are both very average.  I love Sam Howell but he is lacking in many areas.  Corral hasn’t figured out is own life yet much less leading an NFL team.

Pickett runs out of college eligibility prior to last season normally. He would've been a late round pick or UDFA. He's a beneficiary of an extra year due to COVID. How good are Corral and Howell with five years of college experience?

Gotta see Pickett for what he is - a guy playing in college who was as old as most second year NFL QBs. 

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Pickett won't be able to throw outside the numbers in the NFL unless a receiver is wide open. Defenses are going to FEAST on that.

fug…these QBs are all average.  Kenny is the best of the rotten bunch.  It is what it is……is Kenny Pickett a Super Bowl winning QB?  LOL.  NO Fuggin way

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

fug…these QBs are all average.  Kenny is the best of the rotten bunch.  It is what it is……is Kenny Pickett a Super Bowl winning QB?  LOL.  NO Fuggin way

Kenny had the best college stats this year of the bunch. I wouldn't read anything more into it than that.

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Kenny had the best college stats this year of the bunch. I wouldn't read anything more into it than that.

We can’t take a QB at 6 right?  Seems completely ridiculous.  As much as I try to talk myself into it I just can’t.