• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes Vs planes thread

Panthers Fan 69

53 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

He's been useless defensively. Wish we could find a Matthews then. That's something we don't have either. Aho's tied for 18th in goals. Not even top 15. Svech goal wise...........been a disappointment compared to his scouting report. I expected him to be a goal machine. Instead, he's well. Eh. 

Aho was a second rounder, Whose consistently built on his seasons.... Svech is right on track 0 time in lower leagues just turned 22..... Well rounded game.....

We also have a ton of depth scoring Turbo,Trocheck,Necas, (Jarvis had he played a full slate easily) of 20+ goal scorers.

7 hours ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

Aho was a second rounder, Whose consistently built on his seasons.... Svech is right on track 0 time in lower leagues just turned 22..... Well rounded game.....

We also have a ton of depth scoring Turbo,Trocheck,Necas, (Jarvis had he played a full slate easily) of 20+ goal scorers.

I think what he means is…what if we had a 40 to 50 goal scorer on the team. We lack someone that is pure at scoring as it is. Aho is as close as it gets but he was a second rounder so we can’t complain what we have. We need that 50 goals a season guy to pair with him. Jarvis could be it down the road and so could Svech. Imagine this team with Mcdavid or Connor or Matthew’s or Kreider?  Those guys are natural goal scorers. 

Edited by Panthers Fan 69

4 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

I think what he means is…what if we had a 40 to 50 goal scorer on the team. We lack someone that is pure at scoring as it is. Aho is as close as it gets but he was a second rounder so we can’t complain what we have. We need that 50 goals a season guy to pair with him. Jarvis could be it down the road and so could Svech. Imagine this team with Mcdavid or Connor or Matthew’s or Kreider?  Those guys are natural goal scorers. 

50 goal scorers are over rated and tend to be one way players.... The contracts they end up with also kill your depth unless you suck into lottery picking one. 

A 40 or 50 is also super nit picky Aho has 36 and Svech has 30.

13 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Bingo. YEP. This. And from the looks of it, I'm not sure it's going to happen. Svech is not on pace to be THAT guy. So.........

7 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

50 goal scorers are over rated and tend to be one way players.... The contracts they end up with also kill your depth unless you suck into lottery picking one. 

Aho isn't even top 15, and Svech isn't even top 40 in goals scored and I'm being picky? Come on man. I mean, really? Neither one is close to 50 goals. And won't get to 50. Seriously? I'm not sure Aho will get to 40 either. Svech was expected to be a scoring machine and he's been very meh his career so far. Please don't bring up a bunch of guys that can't get timely goals when we need them. Aho is the only guy that to me, can get those timely goals. Svech has gone on runs this year when he didn't score a goal for 15 games and 10 games. That's not exactly a scoring machine. 

Just now, NCTHFL0567 said:

Bingo. YEP. This. And from the looks of it, I'm not sure it's going to happen. Svech is not on pace to be THAT guy. So.........

Give Svech time man. He is 22. LOTS of hockey in that kids career. He is having his best season yet. Next year I could see him get passed 40 goals. His leadership to Pyotr is going to help him keep maturing and become a true leader..maybe captain down the road  

9 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

I disagree about this one. I would take Ovi Mcdavid and DEFINITELY Matthew’s right now. As long as they fit Rods culture. 

Where I agree with you is we have Svech and Aho as our top with 30 and 36 respectively. Pretty solid. Both very well could go over 40 next year. No other teams have that.  We have a few 20 plus guys as cleanup. That isn’t too bad either. You need other people scoring goals too. 

5 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Aho isn't even top 15, and Svech isn't even top 40 in goals scored and I'm being picky? Come on man. I mean, really? Neither one is close to 50 goals. And won't get to 50. Seriously? I'm not sure Aho will get to 40 either. Svech was expected to be a scoring machine and he's been very meh his career so far. Please don't bring up a bunch of guys that can't get timely goals when we need them. Aho is the only guy that to me, can get those timely goals. Svech has gone on runs this year when he didn't score a goal for 15 games and 10 games. That's not exactly a scoring machine. 

Aho could very easily get to 40 this year. I don’t know if they count playoffs but we do have 3 games left. we have some very special players on this team that any other team would absolutely kill to have. We need to be thankful for these guys while they are here. 

28 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

lol I'd rather have 3 lines of 25 goal guys that one 50 goal guy....

There is a reason teams like the oilers Leafs and avs flake out in the playoffs early every season.

We kinda have that plus some now. I want both. Why not right?’  As far as those  other teams go in the playoffs, their goaltending always lets them down.   Same as us. Average goalies.  Playoffs need all phases going. ESP goalies. 

1 hour ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Aho could very easily get to 40 this year. I don’t know if they count playoffs but we do have 3 games left. we have some very special players on this team that any other team would absolutely kill to have. We need to be thankful for these guys while they are here. 

They don't count Playoffs. I would hope he would get 40 in the Playoffs. 

Even John Buccigross a month or two ago said we lacked that go to scorer, but I digress. 

31 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

We kinda have that plus some now. I want both. Why not right?’  As far as those  other teams go in the playoffs, their goaltending always lets them down.   Same as us. Average goalies.  Playoffs need all phases going. ESP goalies. 

Exactly. Agreed. I got a few buddies that are bigger Canes fans than I am that say the exact same thing. We lack that go to guy when it's needed. Or when a hot goalie is on us and our game plan of throw pucks at the net and pray isn't working (which happens often). 

1 hour ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Give Svech time man. He is 22. LOTS of hockey in that kids career. He is having his best season yet. Next year I could see him get passed 40 goals. His leadership to Pyotr is going to help him keep maturing and become a true leader..maybe captain down the road  

I disagree about this one. I would take Ovi Mcdavid and DEFINITELY Matthew’s right now. As long as they fit Rods culture. 

Where I agree with you is we have Svech and Aho as our top with 30 and 36 respectively. Pretty solid. Both very well could go over 40 next year. No other teams have that.  We have a few 20 plus guys as cleanup. That isn’t too bad either. You need other people scoring goals too. 

Everyone said that this year to be fair, and last year he was pretty bad in the grand scheme. I don't see it. After 4 years, if you haven't hit 40 goals in one season where he's been really healthy. Gives me tremendous pause going forward. 

18 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Everyone said that this year to be fair, and last year he was pretty bad in the grand scheme. I don't see it. After 4 years, if you haven't hit 40 goals in one season where he's been really healthy. Gives me tremendous pause going forward. 

He's absolutely dominated the games at times lately. It might not have always led to goals scored by him, but it's led to goals regardless. The Slavin goal from last night as a recent example.