• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes Vs planes thread

Panthers Fan 69

Just now, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

I would love you to include a link these "comparisons" because it looks to me like you are oh their Russian they play the same. 

Tarasenko before the injury bug bit him was certainly off to that kind of start... the guy also did lead the blues to a cup.

Yeah, but he wasn't putting up generational numbers. So I disagree with that.

https://www.the-rink.com/draft-profile-andrei-svechnikov/#:~:text=“Svechnikov has every offensive skill,is elite%2C and NHL ready.

There ya go. They said that man was supposed to be a household name by now. WOW. 

7 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

MOST top 10 picks aren't having this kind of Draft profile:

“Svechnikov has every offensive skill one would want in a player. He has a fantastic wrist shot with a bullet-quick release. He also has an excellent snapshot and a great one-timer. His shooting arsenal is elite, and NHL ready. His backhand is elite. A pure sniper, he can also tip-in pucks, and has the quick hands to finish on rebounds, or on dekes close to the net. "

Svech was supposed to be a star by now, and you guys continue to ignore this. But I digress. 

You obviously have some kind of weird hatred towards Svech. Did he fug your girl on tinder or something? This is a joke by the way referencing how he almost got in trouble with some chick and Tinder.  This guy has been excellent for us this year.

Edited by Panthers Fan 69
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Dude I’m trying to be partial with everyone here but he is only 22 years old my guy. Go easy on him he’s got a long career. This is not like the NFL where guys in their fourth year should be all pros.  that’s not how this works

Eh. If he wasn't so bad last year, and basically putting up the same stats as he did in year 2 I would be a bit more optimistic. I expected a big jump after last year. And all we got was year 2 again. 

3 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

You obviously have some kind of weird hatred towards Svech. Did he fug your girl on tinder or something? This guy has been excellent for us this year.

The ole did he f*ck my girl go to line huh?

I've brought facts and stats and even his draft profile to the conversation and everyone else has said "he has gotten better." When in fact, he hasn't. Isn't what the scouting report said. And I think he's a solid/good player, but he's damn sure not the star we expected. And I backed that up with facts/stats. I don't understand why you guys have to get in your feelings. He's a top 50 NHL player. Nothing worse, nothing better. I just expected top 10-20 by now. And he's, well. Not that. Not by a long shot. 

Edited by NCTHFL0567

1 minute ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

The ole did he f*ck my girl go to line huh?

I've brought facts and stats and even his draft profile to the conversation and everyone else has said "he has gotten better." When in fact, he hasn't. Isn't what the scouting report said. And I think he's a solid/good player, but he's damn sure now the star we expected. And I backed that up with facts/stats. I don't understand why you guys have to get in your feelings. He's a top 50 NHL player. Nothing worse, nothing better. I just expected top 10-20 by now. And he's, well. Not that. Not by a long shot. 

It’s a joke fella.  read my quote. Last night for example 37 was probably the best player on the ice in my opinion. He was is elite as Elite gets last night. Go easy on him he’s 22. By 30 he’ll be the best player in the league

Just now, Panthers Fan 69 said:

It’s a joke fella.  read my quote. Last night for example 37 was probably the best player on the ice in my opinion. He was is elite as Elite gets last night. Go easy on him he’s 22. By 30 he’ll be the best player in the league

Would you put money on that? With McDavid, Matthews, and other players being much better by that age. I would beg to differ. 

1 minute ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Would you put money on that? With McDavid, Matthews, and other players being much better by that age. I would beg to differ. 

If you hate these guys so much why are you here? 37 and 20 are the centerpieces of this team. If you can’t see that we ain’t got nothing for you.  

16 minutes ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

Dude I’m trying to be partial with everyone here but he is only 22 years old my guy. Go easy on him he’s got a long career. This is not like the NFL where guys in their fourth year should be all pros.  that’s not how this works

It's the opposite of the NFL in fact making the bottom six in your fourth year is the expection.... He's also not including the fact that isn't how Rod has developed him, Rod wants all of guys to be two way players, Svech hasn't seen anything close to the kind of minutes those guys did earlier in their careers... not to mention we most top two or three picks are drafted by truly terrible teams we were a middling team that defied the odds and won #2 overall in the lottery....  If this dude wants to see a bust who hasn't lived up to expectations he should look up Alexis Lafrenières draft profile and production. 

Edited by TrevorLaurenceTime22
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

1 minute ago, Panthers Fan 69 said:

If you hate these guys so much why are you here? 37 and 20 are the centerpieces of this team. If you can’t see that we ain’t got nothing for you.  

And to circle back. We would love to have these pure goal scores but 37 and 20 are is it good as it gets and I wouldn’t trade them for anything. Matthew should be killer on this team but he isn’t so we move on with the guys Rod has in place. We trust Rod the goddamn bod. 

Just now, Panthers Fan 69 said:

And to circle back. We would love to have these pure goal scores but 37 and 20 are is it good as it gets and I wouldn’t trade them for anything. Matthew should be killer on this team but he isn’t so we move on with the guys Rod has in place. We trust Rod the goddamn bod. 

Neither play the two way game Aho and Svech do.... 

Just stop.

Any team that has the 50-goal guy has no one else around him because you can't keep a 50-goal scorer and a 35 or 40-goal guy on the same roster. There's a hard cap- no team can afford to keep 'em.

Toronto: Matthews (58), Marner (34) and Tavares (26) are 40% of the team's cap. And who else they got scoring? Nylander has 36, but throw in his salary and you have 50% of the team's salary on 4 guys.

Washington: Ovi-Putin (58), Wilson (24) and Kuznetsov (24) make up 28% of the Caps salary and the 3 guys on Toronto I mentioned above? They all make more than Ovi-Putin. But the Caps scoring is very consistent down the roster behind Ovi-Putin with 7 players other than the 3 I mentioned in double-digit goals.

Tampa Bay has Stamkos (34), Point (27), Kucherov (20), Killorn (25) and Colton (21). And all of those guys are centers, while Kucherov plays on the wing. I'll take that distribution of scoring all day long over a 50+ and a handful of high teens goal scorers. A team can build 3 solid scoring lines with numbers like those because behind those 5 guys are 4 more double-digit scorers. And they're not killing their cap with those guys.

And let's not forget another telling sign- the Canes are a +69 in goals scored (#5) and have given up a league best 190. 

• Flames 1

I think the original point was just a Canes right now don’t have an all pure goal score plain and simple. 37 and 20 are great goal scorers and can play both ways which is what this team absolutely needs but when we need a pure goal it’s not there. I’m not arguing any difference on what everyone saying. I agree with everyone for the most part actually. 20 and 37 are exactly what this team needs as cornerstones. They play great defense and great all fits. They absolutely can and probably will get there as pure goal scorers. Let’s not also forget the third intangible outside of offense and great defense is leader ship. 20 is a great leader and 37 is becoming a great leader. That’s the most underrated aspect they’re learning from 11 and Rod

Edited by Panthers Fan 69

23 minutes ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Yeah, but he wasn't putting up generational numbers. So I disagree with that.

https://www.the-rink.com/draft-profile-andrei-svechnikov/#:~:text=“Svechnikov has every offensive skill,is elite%2C and NHL ready.

There ya go. They said that man was supposed to be a household name by now. WOW. 

According to a Blackhawks fan scouting board so reputable!

• Flames 1