• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Boston Vs Canes Game 2 Wednesday

20 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Although nobody is talking about him, Nino was spectacular last night in every facet of the game. Physicality, scoring and that dive to make a stick block was, I think, a sure goal averted. That's the edge I think RBA has been looking for and I think that's why he stays and Vinny will get paid handsomely elsewhere.

Staal comes back next year, and the centers will be Aho, Staal, KK and Domi when Vinny leaves.

Entirely possible Drury pushes his way in as well.

2 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

image.thumb.png.b4776753c48e26661da87e817c71eac4.png

TDA is restricted, which helps. I don't think Cole or Stepan will be back, and Brendan Smith is a question mark as well - there are a couple guys (Chatfield and Drury) who may be ready to step up.

Defensively, the Canes are stacked. Slavin, Skjei, Pesce are around for another 2 years, at least. TDA and Bear are both restricted, so get them signed and bring up Chatfield. I can roll with that group.

Absolutely. But you know what Montreal is gonna do though. Honestly I don’t think TDA wants to play anywhere else, he’s bought into this team 100% but he’s gonna have to be paid and Montreal is just waiting to screw us over. 

17 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

We have been stupidly lucky on injuries compared to other teams so far too. Knock on wood. Ya Raanta is brutal but the other top dogs have multiple players dropping like flies. Colorado already lost 3, Wilson plus another for the caps, two Florida players(from what I read) the list just goes on and on.

I feel like the people that said it a few weeks ago were right and we really slow burned april to make sure we were at peak healthy going into the playoffs this year. Watching the game from last night, our guys had a serious pep in there step, to the point Boston was just looking sluggish. 

That would have been me, and just had a feeling.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Absolutely. But you know what Montreal is gonna do though. Honestly I don’t think TDA wants to play anywhere else, he’s bought into this team 100% but he’s gonna have to be paid and Montreal is just waiting to screw us over. 

Montreal is a crap show with much higher taxes.... I doubt any of our guys even entertain an offer sheet from them.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, TrevorLaurenceTime22 said:

That would have been me, and just had a feeling.

Word, I couldn’t remember if it was you or million when the sky was falling. I was tending the same way but with how poorly Freddy was playing I had no idea what was going on behind closed doors. 

You know Kochetkov knew exactly what he was doing cause he pushed him, gave him a little chop and knew Marchand was going to do that exact thing cause it happened this season(with a goalie) and got Marchand suspended. He just calmly walked away after Marchand slashed him. Just brilliant, especially for a guy who doesn’t even speak the language. 

5 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Just got to the kotchetkov Marchand thing. Holy wow PK is going to be a wrecking ball in the future. He knew what Marchand would do and absolutely drew him in right there. That kid is fugging smart and has been hitting the film room hard.  

That was a pisser. After already knocking Raanta out of the game by a cheap shot, the refs then watch Rat-Fug cross check Pyotr and do nothing until Marchand does a 2-hand slash.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Just got to the kotchetkov Marchand thing. Holy wow PK is going to be a wrecking ball in the future. He knew what Marchand would do and absolutely drew him in right there. That kid is fugging smart and has been hitting the film room hard.  

Still don't understand how swinging your stick like a baseball bat isn't a penalty.

8 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

That was a pisser. After already knocking Raanta out of the game by a cheap shot, the refs then watch Rat-Fug cross check Pyotr and do nothing until Marchand does a 2-hand slash.

If PK didn’t do that little chop, I think there could be an argument for getting Marchand suspended again. He already did that exact thing to a goalie once this season. I guess the other incident was closer to the goalies head but.

Also I know it’s not a good thing but if he keeps playing PK is gonna fight somebody before this season is done. He tried in Chicago and he’s tried multiple times here already. I hate to be the ref that’s gonna have to deal with that. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Flames 1

Just now, cookinbrak said:

Still don't understand how swinging your stick like a baseball bat isn't a penalty.

He got a 2-minute minor for it. Problem is, a comparable 2-munite minor was called on Pyotr for pushing Rat-Fug in the chest with his glove hand. Gee, which one of those can actually injure someone?

• Pie 1

There is a very real danger to the current situation. A veteran, older hockey team getting their collective asses handed to them and they've lost their cool. The Canes are in their heads and the Bs cannot compete on the same level, so they resort to Danbury Trashers-level sh!t that will get someone hurt more seriously than Raanta.

I hope the refs take a good, long look at both games and realize they need to get things under control before tomorrow. 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

There is a very real danger to the current situation. A veteran, older hockey team getting their collective asses handed to them and they've lost their cool. The Canes are in their heads and the Bs cannot compete on the same level, so they resort to Danbury Trashers-level sh!t that will get someone hurt more seriously than Raanta.

I hope the refs take a good, long look at both games and realize they need to get things under control before tomorrow. 

It’s going to be a bloodbath in Boston. The biggest targets are Svech > Nino > Aho. With Kochetkov as an obvious target. I’m really gonna be looking to Martinook, Staal, Smith and Cole to keep us in line and take the brunt of what’s coming. It’s time for the old boys to do what we keep them around for. 

2 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

It’s going to be a bloodbath in Boston. The biggest targets are Svech > Nino > Aho. With Kochetkov as an obvious target. I’m really gonna be looking to Martinook, Staal, Smith and Cole to keep us in line and take the brunt of what’s coming. It’s time for the old boys to do what we keep them around for. 

Boston lost control last night. They were still very much in the game and started taking penalties left and right, which cost them whatever chance they had to get back into the game. Yes, they were down 2 goals, but it was early enough they could have gotten back into it, but instead they made it standing room only in the p-box and the Canes capitalized on a couple power plays.

The Bruins can make one of 2 decisions- either play hockey and try to get back in the series, or they can decide to goon it up and lose game 3 and the series. 

• Pie 1