• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

With quality QB play. Is this roster ready to go?

iamhubby1

With quality QB play. Is this roster ready to go?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. With quality QB play. Is this roster ready to go?

• NO.
    • MAYBE. After all, we are still young.
    • YES

It will help if developing our younger starters is made a priority, not constantly trying to fit Darnold(square peg) in an NFL hole for the fifth year, when everyone knows it's not a fit. Nothing personal, it's just Sam has had more opportunities than most to "show what he can do".

Time to turn the page on the Green Eggs Sam.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

It will help if developing our younger starters is made a priority, not constantly trying to fit Darnold(square peg) in an NFL hole for the fifth year, when everyone knows it's not a fit. Nothing personal, it's just Sam has had more opportunities than most to "show what he can do".

The sooner Matt passes Sam, the better it is for all involved.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Hopefully, with all the vet coaches we brought in, we will see better use of our players. And that includes Corall.

• Beer 2

15 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I know you are far less optimistic about our draft picks but I think many of them have a chance to contribute to this team this year.  While many may not start, I do believe they have to the potential to contribute more than they did the previous year. 

D. Brown - Solid but not as productive as as first rounder should be.  Maybe he improves his stats.

Gross-Matos - The key to the 2020 draft.  DE's usually show up in year 3 (aka CJ)

Chinn - I would like to see us use him more like we did in 2020 than last year

Pride and Robinson are gone

Roy - would love to see him step up some more this season.  He's a load in the middle.

STO - not a bad pick up considering he's a round 7 choice

Horn - Should pick up where he left off.  Was doing well as a rookie

Marshall - I think he was in the rookie doghouse and hopefully he steps up.  I have high hopes for him.

Christensen - He'll start inside or will be a quality backup for guard or tackle.

Tremble - McAdoo likes using TEs so I expect more production out of him as well.

Hubbard - Some don't care much for him but I believe with an offensive line built to run the ball, Hubbard is going to show his worth.

NIxon - IMO really needs to be that player that steps up in his second year.  We lost some really good players off the D-Line and he could really help our D-line, ALOT.

Taylor - he'll be in on certain packages and will also be quality depth if someone goes down

D. Brown - He's like Marshall in the rookie doghouse.  We brought in alot of O-line talent but he could fight for a starting position.  I am really interested to see what Campen will do with him.

Shi Smith - (don't want S. Smith some one might think 89) His legal trouble might bounce him.  He would be #4 receiver and I hope like Marshall he steps up too.

Fletcher - MEH

Hoskins - Like Nixon he can really help our D-line if he can find his way into the rotation and produce.

Icky - Along with Moton we are going to have trend setters on this team.  I really like his attitude and he seems nasty as hell.

Corral - I believe he is going to make 31 other team scratch their heads on why they passed on him and us for passing on him for 2 rounds.  There is just something about him that makes me feel he is going to be an awesome QB.  Hopefully, Rhule doesn't play the veteran card at QB.  I think Corral will beat Darnold out.

**CJ Henderson - We gave up this years 3rd for him and as Fitterer says he's our 3rd round pick.  I think Wilks is going to get him on the right track and we'll have probably the best secondary we've ever had. 

Mays - I honestly think this may have been a Campen pick.  He may be the steal of the draft for us.  In this run oriented offense he is a perfect piece and should at minimum be a solid backup.  

B. Smith, Barno and Barnes we're drafted for their athleticism and I don't expect too much from them but I surely would love to see Smith show up.

BTW that is 22 out of 24 picks (not counting Henderson) that are still with the team with the majority of them actually seeing playing time.  I don't think we can go back through our draft history and have that many players still on the team and most importantly.  CONTRIBUTE 

• Beer 1

The team has talent.  Does it have coaching and heart?  Who knows.  Talent can only get you so far, but they have to stay healthy too, which our best player hasn’t been able to do for the last couple years.  I’m excited about the possibilities with these new coaches with actual NFL experience (Campen specifically).  OL has plagued this team for so long.  With good QB play I’ll throw out a “yes.”  Trying to be optimistic.  The NFC is weak and the Bucs are obviously good, but we have the ability to make a run if we can get some luck falling our way 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

BTW that is 22 out of 24 picks (not counting Henderson) that are still with the team with the majority of them actually seeing playing time.  I don't think we can go back through our draft history and have that many players still on the team and most importantly.  CONTRIBUTE 

Kinda emphasizes the point that there wasn't much talent here when Rhule arrived. And reinforces the point that those were 3 pretty dang good drafts.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, iamhubby1 said:

Kinda emphasizes the point that there wasn't much talent here when Rhule arrived. And reinforces the point that those were 3 pretty dang good drafts.

The problem with many Huddlers is they expect ever pick to be a starter and if they aren't they are a wasted pick.  I think we have build quality depth.  Building through the draft is always the best way to build a contender and hopefully many of these picks, with experience, start to show their worth. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

The team has talent.  Does it have coaching and heart?  Who knows.  Talent can only get you so far, but they have to stay healthy too, which our best player hasn’t been able to do for the last couple years.  I’m excited about the possibilities with these new coaches with actual NFL experience (Campen specifically).  OL has plagued this team for so long.  With good QB play I’ll throw out a “yes.”  Trying to be optimistic.  The NFC is weak and the Bucs are obviously good, but we have the ability to make a run if we can get some luck falling our way 

I agree with everything...except, I believe these kids do have heart. Or at least it appears that way to me.

Also, with all these coaching additions. Rhule's job should become easier. All he has to do is watch over his flock, and get out of the way.

Just now, DaveThePanther2008 said:

The problem with many Huddlers is they expect ever pick to be a starter and if they aren't they are a wasted pick.  I think we have build quality depth.  Building through the draft is always the best way to build a contender and hopefully many of these picks, with experience, start to show their worth. 

I truly believe it is the Rhule effect. They hate Rhule, so by extension everything else.

8 minutes ago, iamhubby1 said:

Hopefully, with all the vet coaches we brought in, we will see better use of our players. And that includes Corall.

I'm betting on McAdoo. Failure is having to start Darnold because he couldn't get Corral ready to play day one.

I could be wrong but I don't think McAdoo will fail us. 

• Beer 1