• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bottom of the Roster Guys

Michael G

Thank god a post about football players. Cheek has a really weird throwing motion, Lovett is basically Chuba, I'd rather hang on to the bigger back. Don't see how any of these WR's beat out Higgins/Zylstra/Shi for the last roster spots. TE's and D-line depth can never hurt to take a look at in camp. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 3

38 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Great post.

It's funny that I remember how having a "possession" receiver was such a big thing before all these spread offense became the norm. Lacking the ability to separate is one of the quickest ways out of the league now.

No surprise Funchess is still a free agent.  Can’t believe Gettleman had us with two big, lumbering WR’s 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

I’m wagering Charleston Rambo makes the team somehow.  With a name like that he simply has to, and with Shi Smith’s legal trouble he just might slip onto the roster.  High pointing and attacking the ball seemed like something Shi was good at, so he might fill that role if things go south with Shi

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

No surprise Funchess is still a free agent.  Can’t believe Gettleman had us with two big, lumbering WR’s 🤦🏻‍♂️ 

I’m wagering Charleston Rambo makes the team somehow.  With a name like that he simply has to, and with Shi Smith’s legal trouble he just might slip onto the roster.  High pointing and attacking the ball seemed like something Shi was good at, so he might fill that role if things go south with Shi

It's possible but it's been a while since we had a UDFA actually make the roster, IIRC.

First year since RHule took over, where the team will have a few hard choices to the 53 cut. 

RHule was big on development and thats what the 16 man PS is for.....havnt seen the effort or results from that group...  It should be one of the better ones this year...

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, Michael G said:

Ra'Shaun Henry (WR)- a long athletic receive out of Virginia. He ran a 4.43 40 at his Pro Day and is 6'3. He came to us after the draft as a UDFA. We have alot of WRs on the roster. We need someone to step up to help DJ.

The team clearly likes this guy and believe he can make the team. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Interesting, just noticed on Over The Cap that Rambo has the same $100,000 guarantee and a $5k bonus. 

That is interesting. We threw money at UDFA WR's. Maybe they view the positional depth as less than ideal? 

I would have honestly said that is one of our stronger units on the team.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

11 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

That is interesting. We threw money at UDFA WR's. Maybe they view the positional depth as less than ideal? 

I would have honestly said that is one of our stronger units on the team.

...Maybe they are looking at the effort being put forth by the varsity team.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...Maybe they are looking at the effort being put forth by the varsity team.

Even if that is the case, none of those guys is likely capable of beating out our top three. I think maybe it's more about that bottom of the roster churn Fitterer talked about. 

• Beer 2

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Even if that is the case, none of those guys is likely capable of beating out our top three. I think maybe it's more about that bottom of the roster churn Fitterer talked about. 

....yea... but look at Smitty...nobody thought that was gonna happen.

6 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Zylstra is probably a lock on special teams, so 9 guys fighting for maybe 2 spots? Probably Shi and Higgins jobs to steal.

• Beer 1