• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person: Panthers and Baker Mayfield: Minicamp could boost trade talks with Browns

53 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

If you believe those who are reporting that something is likely going to happen than why not believe their explanations of what the sticking point is?

It's money.

Yeah, I do believe it is about money. I hope they don't want to nuke our cap space we get to roll over.

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

It may look like next year's 5th, a future 4th, and Sam Darnold for Baker with each team paying the new player's salary.  It helps us unload Sam and gives Cleveland a backup plus some future picks.  Baker is our immediate starter and there is less pressure on getting Corral on the field early in the season.  Just throwing a scenario out there...

But even under a cheap price? I’d rather have the 4th and 5th than rent Baker for a 7 win one and done type season.  

just play Sam and PJ and get great draft picks.  If we don’t t see Corral….then we will just have to draft.   Isn’t really a problem if you accidentally end up with 2 good cheap QBs

• Beer 1

22 minutes ago, CRA said:

But even under a cheap price? I’d rather have the 4th and 5th than rent Baker for a 7 win one and type season.  

just play Sam and PJ and get great draft picks.  If we don’t t see Corral….then we will just have to draft.   Isn’t really a problem if you accidentally end up with 2 good cheap QBs

If Sam wasn't so bad I might agree.  It's making the offense unwatchable which is making it hard for these younger offensive players to develop.  Baker would provide some stability there and who knows if he turns out to be the guy or a placeholder for Corral or our next draft pick?  I think the point is minimal risk for a definite better option with the slightest potential to be our franchise guy or hold down the position until our franchise QB is ready. 

I could take it or leave it depending on how Corral looks in camp.  If we play our cards right the comp for Baker leaving in FA could be higher than the pick we give up for him...

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I could take it or leave it depending on how Corral looks in camp.  If we play our cards right the comp for Baker leaving in FA could be higher than the pick we give up for him...

This is a very interesting point.

Im concerned with burning thru rollover cap and being strapped next year.  That said, I’d be fine going in with what we’ve got and lean towards not messing with Mayfield. But, I do think there might be a compromise where it makes sense.