• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

3 way trade idea..

WOW!!

41 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

So we ditch two terrible contracts and get Herro (one a good contract) who is a great compliment to Melo with his shooting and one bad contract back in return. Simmons also has MUCH better potential than Rozier and Hayward combined. Even if he doesn’t reach it you swap two bad for one and get a young proven SG in Herro. I still think it’s a good trade. Simmons could play SF/PF with Washington and ball handle when Melo needs a breather. It’s really not a bad trade IMO. I would love to sell a Melo Herro front court! 

Washington isn’t an elite scorer either so in your starting line up you have Melo, Herro, Simmons, Washington, and Plumlee… Where exactly are your points coming from besides Melo and Herro? That would be the easiest starting five to defend. All teams would have to do is lock in on Herro.

At the very least, our current starting lineup of Melo, Rozier, Hayward, Washington, and Plumlee has three good scorers when fully healthy. Not to mention, Hayward has played more games than Simmons over the past three years.

You effectively traded one bad contract for a worse and longer contract.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

59 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Washington isn’t an elite scorer either so in your starting line up you have Melo, Herro, Simmons, Washington, and Plumlee… Where exactly are your points coming from besides Melo and Herro? That would be the easiest starting five to defend. All teams would have to do is lock in on Herro.

At the very least, our current starting lineup of Melo, Rozier, Hayward, Washington, and Plumlee has three good scorers when fully healthy. Not to mention, Hayward has played more games than Simmons over the past three years.

Herro and Ball get 20 PPG, Simmons gets around 15. I would think with Melo and Simmon’s elite passing there would be some easy baskets for the supporting players. Right now Rozier and Ball need the ball in their hands to score, Herro would provide an off the ball scoring option to help Ball. Right now our best off the ball scorer is Hayward who can’t stay healthy and has a terrible contract. Swapping that for a younger, better, cheaper Herro is a huge advantage. So that leaves Melo controlling the game and becoming a full time PG with a real SG in Herro. 

That leaves the Simmons for Rozier issue. IMO Rozier doesn’t work with Melo that well so I think getting rid of him helps Melo get better. Get Simmons in the paint with some quick passes and lobs will get him more points as well. Plumlee is a bit of a waste, but hopefully Williams will replace him soon. PJ playing more minutes with 2 elite passers should help him become a better scorer.

Rozier AND Hayward are overpaid. If we can shed 2 for 1 in bad contracts then that’s a nice little bonus. The other difference is Rozier and Hayward are at their ceilings. Simmons is a huge question mark still. It’s definitely a gamble, but that’s probably our best shot to build a solid team. We need a nice gamble to payoff. I’m not saying this move makes us elite, but it gives us a young core that should only get better and should make us a playoff team IMO. It also shows Ball we are eager to make moves to build a team around him.

2 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Who's your elite scorer now??

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Herro and Ball get 20 PPG, Simmons gets around 15. I would think with Melo and Simmon’s elite passing there would be some easy baskets for the supporting players. Right now Rozier and Ball need the ball in their hands to score, Herro would provide an off the ball scoring option to help Ball. Right now our best off the ball scorer is Hayward who can’t stay healthy and has a terrible contract. Swapping that for a younger, better, cheaper Herro is a huge advantage. So that leaves Melo controlling the game and becoming a full time PG with a real SG in Herro. 

That leaves the Simmons for Rozier issue. IMO Rozier doesn’t work with Melo that well so I think getting rid of him helps Melo get better. Get Simmons in the paint with some quick passes and lobs will get him more points as well. Plumlee is a bit of a waste, but hopefully Williams will replace him soon. PJ playing more minutes with 2 elite passers should help him become a better scorer.

Rozier AND Hayward are overpaid. If we can shed 2 for 1 in bad contracts then that’s a nice little bonus. The other difference is Rozier and Hayward are at their ceilings. Simmons is a huge question mark still. It’s definitely a gamble, but that’s probably our best shot to build a solid team. We need a nice gamble to payoff. I’m not saying this move makes us elite, but it gives us a young core that should only get better and should make us a playoff team IMO. It also shows Ball we are eager to make moves to build a team around him.

Some ppl aren't looking at the Golden State model..

Draymond =Simmons  defensive minded Distributor 

Steph = Melo - elite scorer shooter

Clay = Herro- elite shooter wing..

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah the real Hornets GM is doing SO much better…

I swear some ppl must think this team is better with injury prone Gordon, no defense Terry (who feels he is a starter) but better off as a high end backup and no Miles your 2nd best scorer.. 

Instead of getting off 1 of those contracts and getting a elite shooter and a guy who has made more allstar games then anybody on the roster combined..