• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another Baker thread? (interview)

15 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Put it this way.  The same staff that was interested in Baker is the same staff who put a trade together for NE to jump into the 3rd and take Corral despite his character concerns as well.  

Difference is McAdoo was in on the whole QB picking/drafting process this time.

Put it this way, we drafted our QB "of the future" but the idiots don't realize that future is NOW.

Why hasn't Corral signed yet? They have yet to show him the proper RESPECT. They keep collecting delinquents in spite of drafting arguably the SECs best QB. 

Last time we drafted the best the SEC had to offer we got Cam, and played him without calamity.

See you guys are OK with Rhules country club, good ol boy hookup atmosphere. Baker is here because of friendship not merit.

They should be focused on Matt Corral like McAdoo.

8 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

Difference is McAdoo was in on the whole QB picking/drafting process this time.

Put it this way, we drafted our QB "of the future" but the idiots don't realize that future is NOW.

Why hasn't Corral signed yet? They have yet to show him the proper RESPECT. They keep collecting delinquents in spite of drafting arguably the SECs best QB. 

Last time we drafted the best the SEC had to offer we got Cam, and played him without calamity.

See you guys are OK with Rhules country club, good ol boy hookup atmosphere. Baker is here because of friendship not merit.

They should be focused on Matt Corral like McAdoo.

Why didn't any other team want Corral?  The Seahawks? Nope.  I'm just saying you can't say Baker is terrible because no other team wanted him, but Corral is our definite savior when no other teams wanted him (through round 2 at least).  Rhule hired McAdoo and his his boss like it or not so he had to approve the Corral trade and the Baker trade.  I don't think Rhule is that good but I'm just saying he signed off on both trades.  

Baker is exactly who he was before we traded for him. This place after the trade:

Fox Pivot GIF by Proven Innocent

He will be more fun to watch than Sam but he is also not a good QB who has known issues on and off the field. Just like with Sam, before you start making up fake narratives like 'he is basically a rookie' or in this case 'look how composed he is' please remember he is a Vet and this is the extream offseason.

Also comparing him to Cam is extreamly funny. Question: would we have ever traded Cam before his 5th option year for a conditional 5th? Yeah that is BS regardless of similarities on the shallow level.

• Beer 1

21 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Why didn't any other team want Corral?  The Seahawks? Nope.  I'm just saying you can't say Baker is terrible because no other team wanted him, but Corral is our definite savior when no other teams wanted him (through round 2 at least).  Rhule hired McAdoo and his his boss like it or not so he had to approve the Corral trade and the Baker trade.  I don't think Rhule is that good but I'm just saying he signed off on both trades.  

I trust McAdoo's evaluation. Russell, Aaron, Tom all passed up.

Also, the ridiculous hoopla over Kinny Pickett's one successful year out of five turned the whole QB draft board on it's head, had the board stayed the same as the year before Corral would've been QB1.

I blame irrationality. The pundits thirsted after being the one to pick the next best thing. They did it with Zach Wilson IMO and Pickett. That's great, bottom feeders pick THOSE guys. They follow hype like moths toa flame and continue to "whiff".

Edited by rippadonn

1 hour ago, rippadonn said:

I trust McAdoo's evaluation. Russell, Aaron, Tom all passed up.

Also, the ridiculous hoopla over Kinny Pickett's one successful year out of five turned the whole QB draft board on it's head, had the board stayed the same as the year before Corral would've been QB1.

I blame irrationality. The pundits thirsted after being the one to pick the next best thing. They did it with Zach Wilson IMO and Pickett. That's great, bottom feeders pick THOSE guys. They follow hype like moths toa flame and continue to "whiff".

Had it stayed the same as the year before it would have been Rattler/Howell IMO.

8 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

It was Corral. Not my opinion, the pundits 

His last year was the most impressive to me. The prior year he had too many INTs. Our guy had that Ole Miss in games against teams with way better rosters in the SECW. 

• Beer 1

36 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

His last year was the most impressive to me. The prior year he had too many INTs. Our guy had that Ole Miss in games against teams with way better rosters in the SECW. 

That's all I'm saying. He stood up to Alabama. They played out of their weight class with Matt Corral.

He deserves to try and go for OROY. Last year in the SEC said it all, draft foolishness be damned. He put the team on his back.

McAdoo is just the guy to make that happen and nurture him on the job. He absolutely loves Corral. But no.

OverRhuled!

On 7/15/2022 at 10:52 AM, Waldo said:

Baker is exactly who he was before we traded for him. This place after the trade:

Fox Pivot GIF by Proven Innocent

He will be more fun to watch than Sam but he is also not a good QB who has known issues on and off the field. Just like with Sam, before you start making up fake narratives like 'he is basically a rookie' or in this case 'look how composed he is' please remember he is a Vet and this is the extream offseason.

Also comparing him to Cam is extreamly funny. Question: would we have ever traded Cam before his 5th option year for a conditional 5th? Yeah that is BS regardless of similarities on the shallow level.

I see the similarities between him and Cam. 

Nobody is saying he's like Cam in every way, so back off.  There are enough similarities that more than 1 person is noticing.  

On 7/15/2022 at 1:11 PM, rippadonn said:

That's all I'm saying. He stood up to Alabama. They played out of their weight class with Matt Corral.

He deserves to try and go for OROY. Last year in the SEC said it all, draft foolishness be damned. He put the team on his back.

McAdoo is just the guy to make that happen and nurture him on the job. He absolutely loves Corral. But no.

OverRhuled!

Corral wasn't going to be rushed to starting anyways, barring injury to Sam.