• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vernon Butler Cut

Racist Cat Lady

19 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I wanted Emmanuel Ogbah. He was pretty much a bust for the Browns but he's coming off back to back 9 sack seasons in Miami.

Im a known DL whore, Dodd was out of the league in 2018......he didnt even report to TC. Thats some of the mental part that us fans have to guess at, but thats included. Spence was a workout warrior and speed demon, Im a sucker for that as well. Bounced around, never did anything. Bulter was 4x the player as those two. Herny should have been the pick, but Olsen had JRs ear during this. Hes had a injury issues, but been top end player that got a huge(at the time) TE deal. 

I believe Dave said they had 2 players in mind and later on it was revealed to be Henry, @Mr. Scot do you remember that?? Daves ego got the best of him during his carolina run, at this stage Dave thought he was the smartest man in the building and couldnt make mistakes...I think member he saying about big vern- "He runs to the ball and got a high motor, you cannot teach that"...... He lost alllllllllllllllllllll that once he started cashing checks...

23 hours ago, Racist Cat Lady said:

I really hope Derrick Brown isn’t headed down the same path…

I don't believe in drafting DTs in the 1st round if they can't collapse the pocket on consistent basis and make life miserable for quarterbacks. You can find "run stuffers" in every round of the draft.

If Brown doesn't make major strides as a pass rusher this year I'd be very hesitant to pick up the 5th year option. 

On 8/16/2022 at 6:02 PM, LinvilleGorge said:

One of the dumbest 1st round picks we ever made. Not only did we reach on a small school DT with mediocre measurables, but DT was one of our strongest position groups at the time. If you're going to reach, at least reach at a position of need. If you're going to make a luxury pick, at least do it on a top shelf prospect.

It was just an all around dumb pick.

Gettlemen was a dope 

Edited by DeeJay