• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Story on the Joe Brady situation from Charles Robinson..

WOW!!

5 minutes ago, CRA said:

it's missing the mark and it's missing the actual complaint. 

Sam Darnold can't beat Baker in an actual competition.  He is simply a better QB.   The outcome of who is better is known before the competition were to occur.   Therefore, people don't want a competition.  And it's why outside of Carolina, it has also been deemed bogus. 

People wanted Rhule to bring in someone else to compete with Sam in 2021.  Because the outcome of a competition between Sam Darnold and a Gardner Menshew type isn't actually known.   Who is better.  

Baker is a legit starting QB. 

Sam isn't a legit starting QB.  Sam is the worst QB in the NFL over the last 4 years. 

We complained that Sam was just given the job given he is what he is.  They aren't the same things. 

That's your narrative..

Reality check..

Baker had question on his injury, leadership if he had enough time to learn the offense and if his team carried him.. There was also question for the locker Room accept Baker..

I can name 3 analysts now outside of Carolina who thought Sam physically was a better prospect.. Bucky, Chris Simms and Jake Delhome thought Sam had a chance to win... 

We can all have opinions but what's wrong with Baker proving it on the field.. He beat him out now we can move on knowing "as a fact" Baker is better the locker room is assured and the OC who didn't want either coming out the draft is secured.. Now Baker has the chip on his shoulder and work for the job.. JMO that will give us the better Baker instead of the entitled Baker we saw in Cleveland..

12 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

That's your narrative..

Reality check..

Baker had question on his injury, leadership if he had enough time to learn the offense and if his team carried him.. There was also question for the locker Room accept Baker..

I can name 3 analysts now outside of Carolina who thought Sam physically was a better prospect.. Bucky, Chris Simms and Jake Delhome thought Sam had a chance to win... 

We can all have opinions but what's wrong with Baker proving it on the field.. He beat him out now we can move on knowing "as a fact" Baker is better the locker room is assured and the OC who didn't want either coming out the draft is secured.. Now Baker has the chip on his shoulder and work for the job.. JMO that will give us the better Baker instead of the entitled Baker we saw in Cleveland..

I mean, it's not my narrative Baker Mayfield is better QB than Sam Darnold.  That is the overall national narrative.  And it was the overall collective local narrative too. 

I mean, you can always find guys in the click media looking to take the counter opinion.  Or guys tied to an org throwing support toward guys. 

and I thought Sam would win the "competition".  But me saying that had nothing to do with Sam Darnold being better than Baker.  It was rooted in other things.  Rhule nonsense.  I 100% believed he had a real chance to win it.  But him being better had zero to do with him getting the nod and me saying that. 

7 minutes ago, CRA said:

I mean, it's not my narrative Baker Mayfield is better QB than Sam Darnold.  That is the overall national narrative.  And it was the overall collective local narrative too. 

I mean, you can always find guys in the click media looking to take the counter opinion.  Or guys tied to an org throwing support toward guys. 

and I thought Sam would win the "competition".  But me saying that had nothing to do with Sam Darnold being better than Baker.  It was rooted in other things. 

I'm just saying Baker wasn't coming in as a perfect prospect and without baggage.  

This wasn't like bringing in Watson, Stafford or Wilson.. Unquestioned guys..

Baker had question and I think it help him and the team that he proved it on the field instead of it being giving to him.. And forced on the roster with no competition.. Now he has developed his leadership and trust on the field and not during a press conference..

Even if we had a good idea he could do it .. Its alot better to see it on the field..

Edited by WOW!!

4 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I'm just saying Baker wasn't coming in as a perfect prospect and without baggage.  

This wasn't like bringing in Watson, Stafford or Wilson.. Unquestioned guys..

Baker had question and I think it help him and the team that he proved it on the field instead of it being giving to him.. And forced on the roster with no competition.. Now he has developed his leadership and trust on the field and not during a press conference..

Even if we had a good idea he could do it .. Its alot better to see it on the field..

I'm definitely not saying he was coming as the perfect prospect, or without baggage or without stuff to prove. 

all can be true and you still be better than Sam Darnold. 

I still maintain if you erased draft position, history and money.....Sam is closer to the PJ Walker tier than the Baker tier.  If cost and history wasn't a factor, PJ vs Sam is the actual competition. 

• Beer 1

51 minutes ago, OceanPanther said:

Ya know,  when Rhule was hired, and he hired his staff,,, I have to say, MOST OF YOU were "concerned"  that he was not hiring NFL people who knew the game and the game was different than the college game. 

Too bad Rhule hasn't taken more time to get solid advice ( even from the Huddle lol ) .  

I may not be a smart man but i know what a train wreck waiting to happen looks like.

1 hour ago, OceanPanther said:

Ya know,  when Rhule was hired, and he hired his staff,,, I have to say, MOST OF YOU were "concerned"  that he was not hiring NFL people who knew the game and the game was different than the college game. 

Too bad Rhule hasn't taken more time to get solid advice ( even from the Huddle lol ) .  

Not only not hiring NFL people, but with he himself being a pretty unproven coach on the college level (never more than 3 years at a spot, never beating actual competition, bad bowl record, etc...) the trainwreck was visible a mile away. Will this year be any different? We're on the verge of finding out.