• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Story on the Joe Brady situation from Charles Robinson..

WOW!!

Just now, Tbe said:

So an inexperienced HC with an inexperienced staff isn’t a winning strategy?

Exactly.... Which is a valid reason he should have been fired.. But also a reason to believe he's growing by changing his situation and staff..

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Exactly.... Which is a valid reason he should have been fired.. But also a reason to believe he's growing by changing his situation and staff..

From what I remember, allowing him to pick his staff was a condition to coming here. That mistake is all on Tep.

• Pie 7
  • Beer 2

So…..micromanaging Matt Rhule was micromanaging.  

But totally isn’t going to keep micromanaging things because Ben McAdoo had some relative success under another micromanaging HC named Coughlin while paired with a Super Bowl QB. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 5

Joe Brady needed to go. But he didn't hire himself and in the lead up to the 2020 season I definitely recall in depth interviews about his philosophy and together with Rhule their desire to try to replicate things from the Saints offense. This notion that Matt Rhule was saddled with a clueless idiot in over his head and had no idea that was going to happen is revisionist history.

2 minutes ago, gofightwin said:

They could have hired an old experienced OC and had Brady be passing game coordinator and still pay him a ton and actually learn the OC job. But always with the big splash that turns into the big belly flop. 

Yes that would have been way better..

My only problem with this plan is Brady thought he was better then he was ..

Remember he was going on HC interviews after 2020.. I don't think he felt he needed a internship situation..

• Pie 2