• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The "L" is mostly on First Half Baker

Khaki Lackey

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

It was a 5 man blitz, not a four man pass rush. This was our third drive and Baker had only been sacked once at this point in the game. The player was 4 yards away when Baker began to throw the ball. If you watched the video you'd probably lean less into him being rush to throw. The player doesnt even touch Baker. 

It was a bad throw by Baker. He is to blame. He had 3 options open on that play. 

I see 6 Panthers attempting to block 5 Browns.  It looks like BC and Icky are doubling on player (probably Garrett), #63 is running around blocking no one and Ian is doing a good job holding his block for the moment (I really think Ian had a solid game).  #20 on the Browns is less than 2 yards away and the ball is in Baker's hands.  Their DL abused us from snap one that game.  We wanted to get pass happy which played right into their momentum.  He definitely overthrew the pass, but I think our game plan put him in a bad position.  Just look at the second half when we corrected it.

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

#20 on the Browns is less than 2 yards away and the ball is in Baker's hands. 

image.thumb.png.c6b43fafa336ca122aa2d7ff299efaea.pngSorry to keep pestering you on this, but the ball is out of baker's hands the players isnt even within arms reach yet. The distance between hash marks is 18 feet and 6 inches. The players is still about 6-8 feets away from Baker as the ball is let go. Again, #20 never touches baker.

Edited by TheCasillas

5 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

If picks are the coaches fault, I guess Sam Darnold is a really good QB. Why is he not starting?

You really don't think game plans, strategies, and momentum affect QB play and TOs.  Peyton cut down on Winston's INTs before he got injured, Baker with Kitchens throws a poo ton of INTs with Stefanski he drops from 21 INTs to 8.  Did Baker get that much better than quickly or did he get a halfway decent coach who put him in better positions?  Bad things happen when you put your players in bad positions.  I'm not saying he isn't at fault at all, but a majority of this loss falls on our coaching/strategy.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

image.thumb.png.c6b43fafa336ca122aa2d7ff299efaea.pngSorry to keep pestering you on this, but the ball is out of baker's hands the players isnt even within arms reach yet. The distance between hash marks is 18 feet and 6 inches. The players is still about 6-8 feets away from Baker as the ball is let go. Again, #20 never touches baker.

Maybe I need too see the film vs pictures.  Again I am not saying he isn't at fault for his overthrowing of the INT, but I am saying the staff has to expect poo like that to happen when you coming out with a rookie LT vs Garrett and want to go pass heavy...  This loss falls on them more than anyone.  If we are giving Baker all the credit for this INT then he also gets all the credit for giving them the lead with just over a minute left. (which I don't agree with.  I think our staff adjusted well offensively in the second half).  

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Maybe I need too see the film vs pictures.  Again I am not saying he isn't at fault for his overthrowing of the INT, but I am saying the staff has to expect poo like that to happen when you coming out with a rookie LT vs Garrett and want to go pass heavy...  This loss falls on them more than anyone.  If we are giving Baker all the credit for this INT then he also gets all the credit for giving them the lead with just over a minute left. (which I don't agree with.  I think our staff adjusted well offensively in the second half).  

fair but at this point in the game, Miles had not done anything yet and the sack that Baker did experience came off of a sell out blitz. So I am just not sure we can blame this specific play on the coaching staff not being prepared against Garrett. At this point in the game we were at 2 runs and 5 passing plays. Also, 2 fumbled snaps 🙂 

Edited by TheCasillas

8 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

fair but at this point in the game, Miles had not done anything yet and the sack that Baker did experience came off of a sell out blitz. So I am just not sure we can blame this specific play on the coaching staff not being prepared against Garrett. At this point in the game we were at 2 runs and 5 passing plays. Also, 2 fumbled snaps 🙂 

A sack with multiple pressure and 2 swatted passed by Clowny.  The OL came out pretty shaky from the first snap. It was also 3rd and 10 for that INT which it was pass-incomplete, pass-incomplete, and pass-int.  We HAVE to run the ball, especially against teams that can generate pressure like the Browns.  

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, Davidson Deac II said:

So many NFL games come down to the last two minutes.  Those end game decisions are usually what make or break a coach.  This past Sunday, our coach made bad decisions in the last two minutes, and it cost us the game.  

His bad decisions didn't start in the last two minutes.

It stands before us in all it's flaws and it's a representation of the coach. The team becomes his spirit animal. That animal is a rabbit. Prey.

Hello.. I'm a born and raised Browns fan. I just wanted to see your thoughts on Baker and I also wanted to share with you guys what your getting as a player.  O. K. If Baker is on your team, he's going to be very opinionated and at times he does his best when backed against the wall.  On the flipside.batted balls, sometimes sailing passes to offset batted balls.  He can scramble, but no way Is he elusive. The game against the Browns... get use to it.  You will regularly have some ups and downs and then the heroics by Baker.  You will love him.. fall in love with him BUT if your goal is the playoffs Baker is your guy.  But him by himself will never win you a game as it will take a team effort.  Now if you want him to beat the elite QBs, he will try his hardest but can't beat a Rodgers, Mahomes, Jackson, Burrow, etc.  Also... if you guys Boo him... smh.. good luck no telling how he'll respond on the field.... normally bad..  but.. if you fight for him... he will fight for the Panthers.. but again.. that first game isn't just a one and done performance 

• Pie 4

6 minutes ago, Mr.Jolly said:

Hello.. I'm a born and raised Browns fan. I just wanted to see your thoughts on Baker and I also wanted to share with you guys what your getting as a player.  O. K. If Baker is on your team, he's going to be very opinionated and at times he does his best when backed against the wall.  On the flipside.batted balls, sometimes sailing passes to offset batted balls.  He can scramble, but no way Is he elusive. The game against the Browns... get use to it.  You will regularly have some ups and downs and then the heroics by Baker.  You will love him.. fall in love with him BUT if your goal is the playoffs Baker is your guy.  But him by himself will never win you a game as it will take a team effort.  Now if you want him to beat the elite QBs, he will try his hardest but can't beat a Rodgers, Mahomes, Jackson, Burrow, etc.  Also... if you guys Boo him... smh.. good luck no telling how he'll respond on the field.... normally bad..  but.. if you fight for him... he will fight for the Panthers.. but again.. that first game isn't just a one and done performance 

They already love him. Some even more than Cam.

I'm glad you came. Welcome. They need to temper expectations and understand the fragility we're dealing with.

He has the right coach, he'll be coddled and caressed and fed donuts by hand 🙂

8 minutes ago, Mr.Jolly said:

BUT if your goal is the playoffs Baker is your guy.  But him by himself will never win you a game as it will take a team effort.  Now if you want him to beat the elite QBs, he will try his hardest but can't beat a Rodgers, Mahomes, Jackson, Burrow, etc. 

Welcome, but uh, okay.

Former Brown's fan here (and did not follow Oklahoma; can't support sexual predators, anyway). Mayfield is the only playoff winning quarterback the Browns have had. This sort of critique would fly if the Browns EVER won anything without Mayfield, and were able to win in spite of his six injuries in 2021.

They didn't in 2021, and the Brown's defense in the playoff win, that CLE fans have revisioned as being inspite of Mayfied, so lauded for the scores in the Steelers playoff victory almost blew the game in the fourth. Just like the defense blew leads all 2020 and through the first half of 2021. 

This narrative you're bringing here is just factually wrong. It flies with the remaining fans in Cleveland, because you are all doing mental gymnastics. 

And, let's not even mention the fact, that Mayfield basically did win CAR a game on Sunday, only to have refs hand CLE the win. 

• Flames 1