• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official “Preseason” Canes Thread

Panthers Fan 69

So, last night was pretty much a one-sided affair, but rest assured Columbus won't look like that in a week.

But, to my observation. It is just me or has Paul Stastny looked every bit of his 36 years, not seeing much ice time and one of the few roster additions that doesn't look very comfortable on the ice with this team?

Oh, and the Canes are $4.2M over the cap as of this morning.

Edited by Anybodyhome
  • Pie 1

45 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

So, last night was pretty much a one-sided affair, but rest assured Columbus won't look like that in a week.

But, to my observation. It is just me or has Paul Stastny looked every bit of his 36 years, not seeing much ice time and one of the few roster additions that doesn't look very comfortable on the ice with this team?

We gotta figure out that cap. 

2 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

Bear ($2.2M) and Dronov ($770k) are out. Chatfield ($762k) stays. That's $2.2M saved.

Kase ($1.5M) and Pederson ($750k) are out. Drury ($925k) and Noessen ($762k) stays. Another $500k or so saved.

After that? I dunno.....

Gardiner LTIR. His cap hit is currently factored in if you add up to totals. Also I’d be shocked if Kase wasn’t on the team, he’s not playing tonight so it’s pretty much guaranteed that he’s staying.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1

12 hours ago, Anybodyhome said:

By my count the Hurricanes had 7 players on the ice that were not competing for to be depth/fourth liners.... We won't be them 8-1 most likely but I suspect 4-1 or 5-2.

21 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Rees gets the Canes on the board poking one past Craig Anderson and a few seconds later, Malte Stromwall snipes one past Anderson.

Canes 2 - Sabres 3

15 left in the third.

It's basically the Chicago Wolves vs the Sabres lol. Maybe three canes playing and only KK above fourth line or third pair.