• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Players to keep when the teardown eventually happens

Panthers Fan 69

There is not 1 player on the roster that is dominant at their position. There is no future here for any of them as it’s a team of role players. Nobody should be safe from being traded and 1/3 of the roster could be outright released and we’d see no difference on the field.

After hanging on for the win, my list doesn't change.  There are some building blocks here, but unfortunately we have a coach that's going to keep his Bear/Owls around when they have not business on this roster. 

A good head coach, with a solid QB could turn this thing around in a season or two.  We have neither.

I say we trade everyone except good offensive lineman, maybe keep Horn too. I hope we can get a good draft pick for Chinn but because our coaching staff has him playing so many different positions which has made him look bad, I wonder if it’s dropped his value. I am sure we can get some first round picks for Burns, I say trade him if we can get multiple first or a first and a few 2nd or third round picks. I think we can get something for DJax. Possibly a second round pick. Cornerbacks are highly valued in the nfl and Jackson is in his prime, corners tend to start sucking once they turn 30 so better trade him while he’s in his prime and we can get the most value for him.

cmc is a tough one, he’s a top RB when healthy, problem is Running backs don’t have a lot of value in the NFL and he has a big contract. I doubt we can get a first round pick for him considering his contract and injury history. I don’t think we would get much for Derrick Brown or YGM but if they improve then I can see us getting maybe a 3rd round pick for them, depending how good of a season they have. Shaq Thompson would probably be worth a 3-4th round pick considering his position and his contract.

DJ Moore is a player I would trade in a heart beat, we can probably get a first round pick for him and more. other than that I don’t see us getting much for any other players on our team besides our offensive linemen and J Horn. We might could get a 1st for Moton but I value offensive linemen too much to want to get rid of them.