• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Derek Carr anyone?

joemac

3 hours ago, frankw said:

After seeing the results of the Wilson and Watson trades so far there's no way the Raiders are going to find a trade partner they will have to cut him.

And Jimmy G taking a pay cut while in basically the same situation, although it's too late to work out something like that.  I seriously don't understand what their plan is. Stidham and a rookie? Baker/Teddy/Darnold and a rookie? 46 year old Brady competing in the AFC after looking like he's basically done?

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

I mean, that sounds about right for the basis of your argument.

Try watching some Derek Carr film at some point. There is no comparison.

My argument was that Carr, while better than Darnold, isn’t worth $35 million more per year. I stand by that.

Give me Darnold for two years, $10mil over Carr for two years, $80 mil. Just imagine the other talent we could acquire with that $70mil over that span. 

8 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

My argument was that Carr, while better than Darnold, isn’t worth $35 million more per year. I stand by that.

Give me Darnold for two years, $10mil over Carr for two years, $80 mil. Just imagine the other talent we could acquire with that $70mil over that span. 

In that scenario pass on both and draft your QB.

• Pie 2
  • Flames 3

4 hours ago, frankw said:

After seeing the results of the Wilson and Watson trades so far there's no way the Raiders are going to find a trade partner they will have to cut him.

Carr has a no trade contract with the Raiders.  With that in mind why would he want to wave his right to refuse a trade?  He wouldn't.  Also, why would he want his future team to give up draft picks that could be used to surround Carr with more talent?  He wouldn't.  Finally, why would Carr want to do the Raiders any favors after McDaniels and Davis threw him under the bus?  He wouldn't.

Some team is going to get an excellent QB in Carr, but I don't believe the Raiders are going to get anything out of the deal.  They'll have to cut him right after the SB.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Beer 3

10 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

Carr has a no trade contract with the Raiders.  With that in mind why would he want to wave his right to refuse a trade?  He wouldn't.  Also, why would he want his future team to give up draft picks that could be used to surround Carr with more talent?  He wouldn't.  Finally, why would Carr want to do the Raiders any favors after McDaniels and Davis threw him under the bus?  He wouldn't.

Some team is going to get an excellent QB in Carr, but I don't believe the Raiders are going to get anything out of the deal.  They'll have to cut him right after the SB.

Why? Because he’d be guaranteed over $40 million come February 15th. That’s why to most of those questions. 

Edited by ECHornet

30 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

Carr at $35/year? So I assume this is Darnold at $0/year? Otherwise that math isn't correct.

• Pie 1

11 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

Why? Because he’d be guaranteed over $40 million come February 15th. That’s why to most of those questions. 

At this point in his career, I suspect that Derek's primary concern is not to end up on another dysfunctional team like the Raiders.  In today's QB driven NFL, there will be a high demand for Derek's services.  Right now he holds all the cards in this game and the Raiders have none.     

Guess we'll just have to wait a few more weeks to see how this all plays out.

• Beer 1

25 minutes ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

At this point in his career, I suspect that Derek's primary concern is not to end up on another dysfunctional team like the Raiders.  In today's QB driven NFL, there will be a high demand for Derek's services.  Right now he holds all the cards in this game and the Raiders have none.     

Guess we'll just have to wait a few more weeks to see how this all plays out.

Its going to play out with him getting cut because no one is going to guarantee him 40 million. If a team did want to, he’d waive that no trade clause instantly. 

40 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

Its going to play out with him getting cut because no one is going to guarantee him 40 million. 

Correct.

If Carr is still a Raider after 15 February he gets his 40 million. 

Conclusion:  Raiders are cutting Carr NLT 15 February 2023.

Carr will be a free agent and there will be multiple teams bidding for his services.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1