• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Will Scott Fitterer get to pick the HC or will David Tepper pull a Jerry Jones

TheBigKat

6 hours ago, AU-panther said:

Yes.

There are only 32 NFL GM jobs in the world, any given year they are only a few open. 
Will an established, proven GM, who is currently in a GM position be willing to jump ship, maybe not, but there be plenty of “candidates” that will be willing to work for Tepper.

Lack of candidates will not be the issue, choosing the right one will be the issue, but that is the case for any HC or GM hire.  If there was a proven formula every ram would have a good HC and GM.

And we trust Tepper to get this right because... 🤔

Edited by Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, stbugs said:

Now we’re back to Rhule did everything? I wish you guys would make up your mind because before this off-season started you guys were saying that Tepper gave Fitterer control and that Rhule was reigned in and forced to hire coordinators with true NFL experience. Now that the off-season has basically been a huge bust, that whole story has been rolled back and Fitterer is back to being a yes man. Amazing.

10942278.jpeg

2 minutes ago, CarolinaLivin said:

I mean idk if i can give you a reason that is good enough for YOU. My level of hope is based on whether he is picking the next coach with help or by his self. 

He's previously made clear he doesn't believe in using outside consultants.

The best hope you have for a good coaching hire is him letting Fitterer and Morgan handle the process.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

He's previously made clear he doesn't believe in using outside consultants.

The best hope you have for a good coaching hire is him letting Fitterer and Morgan handle the process.

Oh okay, I didn’t see that.

Im not that big on fitterer personally. I don’t think he’s terrible, but I don’t think he’s great either. But i’d rather tepper have some help than no help. Don’t want him getting fooled with another 7 year plan. 

1 minute ago, CarolinaLivin said:

Oh okay, I didn’t see that.

Im not that big on fitterer personally. I don’t think he’s terrible, but I don’t think he’s great either. But i’d rather tepper have some help than no help. Don’t want him getting fooled with another 7 year plan. 

He wants to do things differently so he can show everyone he's the smartest guy in the room. That's why he gave Rhule the money and the power he did and suggested a bunch of analytics guys as GM candidates.

A guy who isn't smart but thinks he is can destroy a team faster than anything.

• Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

He wants to do things differently so he can show everyone he's the smartest guy in the room. That's why he gave Rhule the money and the power he did and suggested a bunch of analytics guys as GM candidates.

I mean I wouldn’t go as far as to say Tepper isn’t smart. He just was in over his head. He thought it was as easy as giving Matt Rhule whatever he wanted and it’ll work because Rhule told him it would. I’m not fully out on Tepper until I see his next hire. But I do dislike mostly everything I’ve seen from his first what 3 years here. 

I have to say this felt very jerry jones/jason garrett like though (well obviously worse as rhule lost more, but owner HC relationship wise)

Edited by CarolinaLivin

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And we trust Tepper to get this right because... 🤔

We don't. But I'm not sure why you think Fitterer doing guarantees he gets right. He has no experience leading a head coach search. He's never even been close to one.

Fitterer came from an organization [Seattle] that hasn't conducted a coaching search in twelve years. When Seattle hired Carrol (a college coach), Fitts was an area scout.

1 minute ago, trueblade said:

We don't. But I'm not sure why you think Fitterer doing guarantees he gets right. He has no experience leading a head coach search. He's never even been close to one.

Fitterer came from an organization [Seattle] that hasn't conducted a coaching search in twelve years. When Seattle hired Carrol (a college coach), Fitts was an area scout.

For one, he has connections and is well respected around the league.

For another, he actually knows football well enough to ask meaningful questions (and know the right answers)

For yet another, he'd have Dan Morgan working alongside him.

And last but most certainly not least, he's not David Tepper.

43 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

You hit the nail on the head here. That's what is most disturbing about Tepper & I just don't believe that he'll ever learn from his mistakes.