• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Interesting info about Wilks at Arizona

ladypanther

36 minutes ago, stbugs said:

The Bills traded up from 12 to get Allen. It wasn’t their pick, it was Tampa Bay’s and it was a draft night trade. Arizona had pick 10, so it would have been easier for them to trade up.

We like to build up fan favorites but there’s no true evidence back then that Wilks preferred Allen and tried to get him. Heck, he could have taken Jackson as well.

As I’ve said before you can find snippets every year of teams talking up prospects. We said nice things about Willis and Pickett as well. It’s like Hurney and Herbert. We were in the market for a QB and Marty braved COVID to go to the pro day. Detroit and the Giants were willing to trade back and more than likely could have drafter their same guys at pick 7. If Hurney was that sure and thought he had his next Cam, why didn’t he convince Tepper, the guy who said he was an amazing college guy?

Now that Wilks is the interim guy we have to act like he wanted to take Allen. We did the same with McAdoo. He said Allen was the top QB but he also said Darnold was solid.

You're arguing with the wrong guy. I'm saying what you're saying. I don't buy it. In a few months it's highly likely were cleaning house and hiring a new coach.

4 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Who's to say trading up was even an option? The Bills may not have been willing to come off that pick or at least not without an absolutely absurd asking price.

The Bills traded up to select Josh Allen. That's what Wilks' point likely was.

5 hours ago, ladypanther said:

Others may already know this...I did not.

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article267273002.html#storylink=cpy

He was definitely right about the QB's.  Too bad he had to pay the price for the GM's bad decision.

And Mcadoo wanted so and so qb when he was in NY.  It doesnt make them a great coach unfortunately.