• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFF grades from Week 6

TheSpecialJuan

4 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-6-game-recap-los-angeles-rams-24-carolina-panthers-10

They apparently gave him really low marks for run-blocking despite most of CMC's success coming off the left edge, according to his run chart that's been posted in here.  Still seems strange for an 85.9 pass blocking grade + 40.6 run-blocking grade to come out to a 45.0 overall grade.

Not sure if it's been said, but it could be weighted by pass block plays/run block plays.

Gotta be honest; run blocking is obviously a plus with your LT but pass protection is where they really need to earn their salary.

If Ickey develops into a good pass blocker who is below average in run blocking I'm totally fine with that.

That said, I think it's highly unlikely that he doesn't become at least above average in both areas, if not top-tier. We're seeing the typical ups and downs of a rookie LT; what's important is that there is improvement from now until the end of the season.

While it's been uneven at times, we have certainly seen Ickey improve since the preseason/week 1. I'm more excited about him than any other player on our roster right now.