• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Game 1 - Charlotte Hornets @ San Antonio Spurs - 8PM

MillionDollarCam

59 minutes ago, CarolinaRideorDie said:

Just FYI, Jalen Duren put up a double double with Detroit tonight. We drafted this dude and shipped him away at the center position but drafted Mark Williams to sit on the bench? Why does the Hornets front office always suck no matter who takes over? 

Duren was really good tonight. I actually preferred Williams but Duren looks like he could be the real deal.

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, WUnderhill said:

The Hornets are the type of franchise that would get the #1 pick and trade Wembanyama for the #4 pick and 5 second round picks.

They overthink a lot of things and ultimately end up picking the wrong player between the two that they were picking from… Monk over Mitchell is obviously the big one.

• Beer 2

This team may be OK. Guys like Oubre and Hayward are picking up the slack. Richards is becoming a legit starter, Cliff loves him and that pick may turn out to be gold. I dare to say Richards ceiling is higher than PJs. 

I'm over here giggling over how Nick has worked his way into starting center form. I don't think this is hyperbole, I think with Richards playing like he did tonight and Melo coming back, Terry, Oubre, Gordon scoring, PJ and Richards defending playing like they were, playoffs are more than possible.

First game shows the difference a more experienced coaching staff makes.

Happy Celebration GIF by Manchester United

Could it all finally be coming together. Don't wake me!

5 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

What was the reasoning for trading Jalen Duren? Coulda dumped Plumlee and had a Duren/Richards rotation

I think they never planned to keep both picks and we're determined to get "something" in return.

I may sound like an idiot in a month but seeing Richards today, playing ball effortlessly, beasting. If that's the real Nick Richards I'm not mad at the Duren trade.

We've been missing an above average center since Al Jefferson.

10 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

What was the reasoning for trading Jalen Duren? Coulda dumped Plumlee and had a Duren/Richards rotation

Reason never came into it…one of the most ridiculous trades in NBA draft history. Honestly we need a new GM.  That was the dumbest move I have ever seen