• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns is probably going to be traded right?

firefox1234

Things get messy for obvious reasons with a tag and trade, so generally that’s probably not going to happen. 

Isn’t he eligible for a 5th year option? And that’s in 2024, meaning there is still plenty of time.

CMC made sense from all angles but the only one it makes for Burns is if he is wanting out and demanding a trade. Which is possible.

Otherwise the smart move is to simply let the new regimen make that call and still have time to trade him if needed unless I am missing something.

Edited by onmyown

3 minutes ago, onmyown said:

Things get messy for obvious reasons with a tag and trade, so generally that’s probably not going to happen. 

Isn’t he eligible for a 5th year option? And that’s in 2024, meaning there is still plenty of time.

CMC made sense from all angles but the only one it makes for Burns is if he is wanting out and demanding a trade. Which is possible.

Otherwise the smart move is to simply let the new regimen make that call and still have time to trade him if needed unless I am missing something.

He’s on his fifth year option this season so if we don’t get an extension or trade done by the deadline, the only leverage we have is a tag. 

4 minutes ago, davos said:

He’s on his fifth year option this season so if we don’t get an extension or trade done by the deadline, the only leverage we have is a tag. 

It was picked up this year, but doesn’t it run through next season?

Edited by onmyown

3 minutes ago, davos said:

Oh jimmers mccricket sauce, he’s only on his 4th year. I was mistaken

Yea so, the new HC will be here soon enough, let him make the call imo. You’re risking injury and whatever trade is on the table now of course but that’s really it. I think the biggest risk is the new HC wanting to have him and not attracting said HC by trading him away.

Edited by onmyown

Just now, onmyown said:

Yea so, the new HC will be here soon enough, let him make the call imo. You’re risking injury and whatever trade is on the table now of course but that’s really it. I think the biggest risk is the new HC wanting to have him and not attracting said HC by trading him away.

You also could argue this is when Burns as his highest value vs waiting a year when what you can get for him plummets exponentially.

Just now, firefox1234 said:

You also could argue this is when Burns as his highest value vs waiting a year when what you can get for him plummets exponentially.

I thought about that. But I see and would bet Burns getting better or at least keeping on par for the rest of the season, especially with Brown now stepping it up.

This would mean (easily) coming off a double digit sack season, so I don’t see his value plummeting.

Plus what the new HC wants really should be priority. While I love the idea of stacking picks, key pieces are still needed and a bonus to attract candidates.

Just now, onmyown said:

I thought about that. But I see and would bet Burns getting better or at least keeping on par for the rest of the season, especially with Brown now stepping it up.

This would mean (easily) coming off a double digit sack season, so I don’t see his value plummeting.

Plus what the new HC wants really should be priority. While I love the idea of stacking picks, key pieces are still needed and a bonus to attract candidates.

I guess these last few years has me pessimistic but I’d love to believe you are right.