• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Unpopular opinion

1of10Charnatives

Just now, 1of10Charnatives said:

A generational talent who can't stay on the field is not a generational talent who matters in the end. It's a rare RB indeed who winds up being worthy of a hefty non rookie deal.

He has been on the field. You might have noticed him in our last game accounting for 75% of our total offense. 

• Pie 2

16 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Note the compensation they gave up to acquire a player regarded as one of the tops at his position. From their perspective, the deal may make sense, they are in a different position than we are in. Even with a likely top pick in the draft and even if we acquire a top QB prospect, do you see this team playing deep into the playoffs in the next two years? 

If you do I'd like some of whatever you're smoking. If not, a RB with CMC's injury history is almost guaranteed not to be able to contribute to a degree commensurate with his cost on such a team. Far more likely would be dollars spent on him prevent us from acquiring or retaining the talent needed to assemble such a team.

Hmm? Your OP said teams that pay rbs can’t win a SBin the modern era. Was this mean to be exclusively about us or any team? Could we win a sb with cmc? Obviously not anytime soon. We very well could have in 2017 with some better FO moves. Rams signed Andrew whitworth we signed Matt kalil. We drafted KB over devonte Adams. No KB and cam never originally hurts his shoulder. Etc etc. There’s a lot more material decisions that hurt this team than Omg we paid a rb 16m a year (Robby Anderson money for those of you keeping track at home)! Dude isn’t even your standard rb. Much more valuable. I have no qualms with that contract. I’m sure that’s what killed this team. Not the moronic power craved college HC, 60m wasted on backup qbs + draft picks. Noooo, none of that. It was paying an elite offensive weapon. Great thesis 

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

He has been on the field. You might have noticed him in our last game accounting for 75% of our total offense. 

if you want a top pick, that's exactly one of the reasons you get rid of him ASAP as we did. Don't want to screw around and win games that would only remove us from a shot at pick number one. There is zero chance this team wins anything meaningful this year, and the coaching staff who will instill a culture of winning has likely not been hired yet.

29 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

Hopefully we've learned our lesson with running backs.

I have to assume most of the people upset about this trade are just generally upset about the team. The trade makes sense in our situation.

I can't stop thinking about the people who put us in this situation are the same people entrusted to get us out of the situation. It's sort of like the situation in Britain at the moment. "Sure we ruined everything, we are totally capable of un-ruining everything. Just trust us."

• The D 1

12 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

Cap savings is the primary thing you should be looking at with this trade, not just the picks. Cap dollars can be rolled forward, so any money not spent on a RB who won't be part of your competitive team in a few years is good, also if you subscribe to tanking, getting rid of your only offensive weapon that might cause you to screw up and win a game or two could put you out of contention for the QB prospect of your choice.

You mean the 18 million in dead cap next year when we won't win a single game?

3 minutes ago, 1of10Charnatives said:

if you want a top pick, that's exactly one of the reasons you get rid of him ASAP as we did. Don't want to screw around and win games that would only remove us from a shot at pick number one. There is zero chance this team wins anything meaningful this year, and the coaching staff who will instill a culture of winning has likely not been hired yet.

I get that, but I don’t think we were at much risk of winning more games even with him and he would have been nice to have for next year’s new staff. 

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

I don't want to resign Burns. He's not worth the money.

I will grant that a legitimate debate can be had about whether Burns is the guy long term. He tends to fail to bring down QB's he has in his grasp for too often for my liking, but his current production does project to double digit sack numbers this season, and he had 9 each of the last two years. Those guys matter to winning ball games and they do not grow on trees.

Over the past few seasons, about 15 players a year have posted double digit sacks. Whether DE or LB, most teams employ two primary pass rushers, that means Burns produces at a level that only one in four pass rushers achieves.

Is he perfect ? No. 

Is he easily replaced? No.

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, Mike in Raleigh said:

I can't stop thinking about the people who put us in this situation are the same people entrusted to get us out of the situation. It's sort of like the situation in Britain at the moment. "Sure we ruined everything, we are totally capable of un-ruining everything. Just trust us."

*stabs him in the eye with a fork for bringing up the real world.*

• Pie 1