• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scott Fitterer

Panthering

30 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

A lot of people on here (myself included) get sort of unfairly pointed at as being excited about the Darnold trade. I wasn’t excited about it. Did I have some hope he could pan out? Sure. But I wasn’t in love with trading for Darnold. 

What I was happy about was that we went the route of trading for him rather than shipping out three 1sts for Watson. And when you compare the two, I still absolutely feel we did better. Look, Watson hasn’t played in about 2 years now. He would have cost us multiple firsts and he still would have been playing under terrible coaches, if he had even played.

So you sort of have to compare the two to each other. And ask me right now, would I have preferred the trade we made for Darnold or the trade the Browns made for Watson. Guess which one I’m picking today? It’s Darnold hands down. 

So if his task was to go find another QB, then yeah. All things considered, I say it was decent value 

Frankly, all I hate about the Darnold acquisition was picking up his option. The trade would have been pretty decent value in that case cause even if he was to come back cause Baker sucks it would be for pennies compared to what he’s on now.

Edited by firefox1234
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

36 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

A lot of people on here (myself included) get sort of unfairly pointed at as being excited about the Darnold trade. I wasn’t excited about it. Did I have some hope he could pan out? Sure. But I wasn’t in love with trading for Darnold. 

What I was happy about was that we went the route of trading for him rather than shipping out three 1sts for Watson. And when you compare the two, I still absolutely feel we did better. Look, Watson hasn’t played in about 2 years now. He would have cost us multiple firsts and he still would have been playing under terrible coaches, if he had even played.

So you sort of have to compare the two to each other. And ask me right now, would I have preferred the trade we made for Darnold or the trade the Browns made for Watson. Guess which one I’m picking today? It’s Darnold hands down. 

So if his task was to go find another QB, then yeah. All things considered, I say it was decent value 

We traded real assets for the statistically worst starting QB in recent NFL memory. It was absolutely not a good value.

• Pie 5
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

We traded real assets for the statistically worst starting QB in recent NFL memory. It was absolutely not a good value.

Say what you want, but at the time he was not far removed from a 1st over QB taken that had been on a badJets team. Did the trade work out? Obviously not. But at the time it wasn’t bad value. 

And again, those who did support it (admittedly I was one) supported more because it was a trade that didn’t cost us multiple 1st rounders. Because the talk had been trading three 1sts for Watson. That would have also been a miss, but a significantly more costly one.

2 minutes ago, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Say what you want, but at the time he was not far removed from a 1st over QB taken that had been on a badJets team. Did the trade work out? Obviously not. But at the time it wasn’t bad value. 

And again, those who did support it (admittedly I was one) supported more because it was a trade that didn’t cost us multiple 1st rounders. Because the talk had been trading three 1sts for Watson. That would have also been a miss, but a significantly more costly one.

It was terrible value.

We get it, you liked the trade, supported it, argued with people, and are now so dug in you don't feel like you can admit it was stupid position to hold. You can just stop posting about it instead of continually trying to argue an indefensible position.

Edited by Krovvy

2 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

It was terrible value.

We get it, you liked the trade, supported it, argued with people, and are now so dug in you don't feel like you can admit it was stupid position to hold. You can just stop posting about it instead of continually trying to argue an indefensible position.

Lol wow. What an ass. I have admitted multiple times that I was wrong about it and have no problem doing so. But I’m not now defending the trade. I’m defending Fitt. But go on internet edge lord, do you. 

Everyone here should rather the team take gambles to be great than go with the status quo.

Rhule, Darnold and Mayfield were risky gambles that failed. Sometimes gambles fail. San Fran gave up 2 firsts for Lance and that is looking like a fail. Some of the same posters here bashing Tepper/Fitt wanted to trade up for Lance or take Fields. Fail.

Meanwhile teams like the Lions are comfortable just going with the status quo. I'd rather be the Tepper/Fitt Panthers than the Lions

Edited by amcoolio
  • Pie 2

Just now, TheMostInterestingMan said:

Lol wow. What an ass. I have admitted multiple times that I was wrong about it and have no problem doing so. But I’m not now defending the trade. I’m defending Fitt. But go on internet edge lord, do you. 

Just admit the trade was horrible at the time and especially now, then move on.

1 minute ago, Krovvy said:

Just admit the trade was horrible at the time and especially now, then move on.

I have admitted as much. But in context, no. If Fitt was told to go get a a QB and his options were Darnold for a 2nd and 4th or Watson for three 1sts then imo he still made the correct call. 

But by all means, be a c*but if it suits you better. Just know that throwing out context in the current conversation make you a football genius. I was wrong about my optimism for Darnold. But said multiple times that I wish we had kept Teddy and drafted a QB. That was always my position. But I preferred Darnold to Watson. If I’m not mistaken, you wanted to trade the future for Watson. How do you think that would have worked? Neither option turned out to be a good one. And we should have just kept Teddy and drafted a QB in the end.

• Beer 1

I have admitted as much. But in context, no. If Fitt was told to go get a a QB and his options were Darnold for a 2nd and 4th or Watson for three 1sts then imo he still made the correct call. 

But by all means, be a c*but if it suits you better. Just know that throwing out context in the current conversation make you a football genius. I was wrong about my optimism for Darnold. But said multiple times that I wish we had kept Teddy and drafted a QB. That was always my position. But I preferred Darnold to Watson. If I’m not mistaken, you wanted to trade the future for Watson. How do you think that would have worked? Neither option turned out to be a good one. And we should have just kept Teddy and drafted a QB in the end.

Are you really trying to pivot? Just make a statement, or don't and never talk about it again.

And no, I didn't want to trade for Watson. Before the rumors I thought it would have been way too much trade capital, but at least you get a proven quarterback. After the scandal I was completely against it and have referred to Tepper and Fitterer being insane for pursuing him.

Just now, Krovvy said:

Are you really trying to pivot? Just make a statement, or don't and never talk about it again.

And no, I didn't want to trade for Watson. Before the rumors I thought it would have been way too much trade capital, but at least you get a proven quarterback. After the scandal I was completely against it and have referred to Tepper and Fitterer being insane for pursuing him.

I need to fugging hold a press conference to appease you? Lmfao I’ve admitted I was wrong. However that A) isn’t what I’m defending now and B) was never what I wanted the team to do in the first place. As that’s documented. 

Why you feel the need to be a dick about it towards me, I have no idea. But I have said the trade was bad multiple times. But we are discussing Fitt now. And if he was told to get a QB and it was between Watson with legal issues for three 1sts or Darnold for a 2nd and a 4th then yes, he still made the right fugging decision. Get it? Do you see my point? Or are you just gonna go on about “aDmIt YoU wErE wRoNg” 

I need to fugging hold a press conference to appease you? Lmfao I’ve admitted I was wrong. However that A) isn’t what I’m defending now and B) was never what I wanted the team to do in the first place. As that’s documented. 

Why you feel the need to be a dick about it towards me, I have no idea. But I have said the trade was bad multiple times. But we are discussing Fitt now. And if he was told to get a QB and it was between Watson with legal issues for three 1sts or Darnold for a 2nd and a 4th then yes, he still made the right fugging decision. Get it? Do you see my point? Or are you just gonna go on about “aDmIt YoU wErE wRoNg” 

Nope, all you have to do is stop talking and arguing with people. Or alternatively make a one sentence statement.

1 minute ago, Krovvy said:

Nope, all you have to do is stop talking and arguing with people. Or alternatively make a one sentence statement.

Lol wtf is this statement BS you are spewing?

And because I was wrong about something means I’m no longer allowed to discuss things on the message board of been a member of for 10 years? Interesting take but it’s at least cool to know you have never been wrong about something discussed on here and can therefore message freely. Must be nice.

Lol wtf is this statement BS you are spewing?

And because I was wrong about something means I’m no longer allowed to discuss things on the message board of been a member of for 10 years? Interesting take but it’s at least cool to know you have never been wrong about something discussed on here and can therefore message freely. Must be nice.

It's your choice. Dig a hole if you want to.