• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What’s your 2023 QB big board (including Corral)

Wundrbread33

15 minutes ago, Wundrbread33 said:

You fit the description of a person who I don’t mind disliking him. You have thought out variables, of which you listed.  

I’m talking about the people who use “preseason” as their foundational argument against him, and don’t have much else if anything to add. 

It’s akin to those calling Ikey a bust after week 1. 

I don’t dislike him at all.  I just know he cannot be relied upon going further

14 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

As it stands you're jumping the gun. You have no idea what Matt Corral will be in the NFL nor do I, the only people who have a good idea are at 800S Mint St.

They've already invested in Matt Corral and are more determined than you to get that pick right. You have another agenda entirely.

Matt Corral is in the building none of these other "dream scenario's" are. I'm dealing with reality. What's real is he's going to get his shot, they loved him and they went through the trouble to bring him here, yet he has no shot?! Lol.

Do yourself a favor and count the number of starting qbs picked from the 3rd round on and see how that works out for you.  

Liked Corral in the draft and thought he would be the best for our offense.  He was my number 2 behind Willis, BUT a new HC isn't going to let last year's unknown, injured, 3rd round pick stop him from drafting a QB in the first.  It's just too big of a risk.  If Corral somehow wins out in camp and proves he is our guy then we simply trade our 1st round QB and do a happy dance because we have our franchise QB in Corral.  If he can't stay healthy or struggles (like a 3rd round QB should do), then it sets the whole franchise back another year.  We will have to wait for another draft and spend another year developing a new QB.  It's not happening and it's why we are sending scouts to the OSU, UT, UK, and Alabama games.  We are scouting every team with a possible 1st round QB because we know we have to draft one.  

23 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Do yourself a favor and count the number of starting qbs picked from the 3rd round on and see how that works out for you.  

Talent dictates seeing the field/success. 

Where you are drafted really only matters for 1st and to a far lesser extent 2nd round picks.

Those players last longer if they suck, because you want to give every chance for those players to justify being picked so high.

A GM missing on 1st rounders get fired. 

If Sam Darnold was a 4th rounder, he’s replaced after his first year. 

If Trevor Lawrence wasn’t a 1st rounder, and he put up last seasons numbers, he would have been replaced too. 

We literally have two top 3 pick QB’s on our roster right now who suck. They were given a chance because they were former high picks. They will be on rosters next year…because they were once highly regarded top picks. 

3 hours ago, mrcompletely11 said:

the preseason is only one aspect to a already huge mound of issues with him.

Its been said ad nauseam on here but I will post one more time to hopefully get through to you guys.

The odds are already beyond astronomical for a 3rd round pick to pan out as a franchise guy.  Add to the fact the he comes from a simplistic college offense, with a rep for being injury prone and having a smaller frame for the nfl and oh yeah he is currently out for the year with a serious foot injury that has plagued other players consistently in the past and you now have why folks are down on him.  Then throw in his shitty play in the preseason and you have the full picture.

One more time disclaimer:  Rhule totally fuged this kid.  He should have been #2 on the depth chart from the jump and we more then likely wouldnt be where we are now.(in regards to arguing about him)   He would be playing and either showing he could make strides in the nfl or be tripping on his dick.  As it stands now he is a total unknown and in no way can he be trusted as a nfl starter going forward or even in the qb plans by a new staff.

Pickett, Willis, Ridder, Corral, and Howell were all being mocked in the first before going where they went in the draft. I don't think that you can hold being drafted in the 3rd round against him, especially given that he would likely be discussed as the #1 QB in this current draft class.

Going back and watching Corral vs Young & Hooker in 2021 was fairly eye opening.

20 minutes ago, Icege said:

Pickett, Willis, Ridder, Corral, and Howell were all being mocked in the first before going where they went in the draft. I don't think that you can hold being drafted in the 3rd round against him, especially given that he would likely be discussed as the #1 QB in this current draft class.

Going back and watching Corral vs Young & Hooker in 2021 was fairly eye opening.

People often conflate when a player is drafted, to how good they are. 

That’s where the “he was a 3rd rounder for a reason” comment comes in, but it doesn’t prove or mean anything.

If draft position = talent universally, there would be no such thing as a bust, or a steal. 

All it indicates is a story, or narrative of how good a player is, and the consensus on front office opinion of the player come draft time.  

That’s how someone like Dak Prescott lasted to the 4th round.

This doesn’t mean Corral will do anything, it just means that him being a 3rd round pick doesn’t say anything about his ability.  

• Pie 2

The Panthers made a bet that Corral would succeed, they made a financial investment in Matt Corral not ripps mouth. They scouted him, studied him, they interviewed his coach, they brought him to the facility for a pre draft visit, they drafted him and everyone signed off on it including Fitts and Dave Tepper himself and the lot of folk here think they're going into the draft lusting after..... absolutely nobody because there is no clear top QB in this draft. Get real. 

Drake Maye is the truth. I could see it if HE was in the draft but he's not. That's who you go all out for.

• Pie 1

In actuality I think having talked to Lane Kiffin they we're impressed with him and that's where that "young offensive mind with HC experience" comes from. Just a hunch. IF that was they case I could see why Corral would be stashed until Lane Monty Kiffin comes in with his system for HIS QB.

If that is anything close to truth, just my hunch, some of you will...

img GIF

• Pie 1