• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College BBall 2022

jayboogieman

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's a double edged sword. Tough games but good opportunities for quality wins.

We either catch on fire again or we don't. Hubert isn't going to start actually coaching.

Hubert is a red hot deep tourney run away from going into next year on the hot seat.

Normally I would agree on Hubert.  The sick part is Bubba Cunningham gave him a new contract last offseason and is one of the most conservative ADs in sports.  

Feels like we are stuck with Hubert.  Sadly.  Bubba will keep him on as long as possible 

Edited by Shocker

4 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Normally I would agree on Hubert.  The sick part is Bubba Cunningham gave him a new contract last offseason and is one of the most conservative ADs in sports.  

Feels like we suck with Hubert.  Sadly.

Oh, we're stuck with him for awhile. That championship game run probably bought him at least two more seasons after this one. He's recruiting his ass off so we'll see.

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I mean, outside of our tourney run everyone owns us.

True…Dean Smith was like Tony Bennett+++ with ridiculous talent everywhere.  No wonder we ruled college basketball in the golden era for basketball.

This is just street ball these days.

Edited by Shocker

Hubert says the right things. He says we take too many bad shots, settle for too many threes, too many defensive miscues, too many unforced turnovers. But what are the consequences? The starters still play 35 minutes. Why should they change if there's no consequences? Plant asses on the bench if they're not executing the way you want them to execute. It's a rarity to see a guy get yanked for gaffes. Roy and Dean did that poo all the time. You're not gonna disappear on the bench, but you're gonna get an ass chewing and get your head right.

14 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Hubert says the right things. He says we take too many bad shots, settle for too many threes, too many defensive miscues, too many unforced turnovers. But what are the consequences? The starters still play 35 minutes. Why should they change if there's no consequences? Plant asses on the bench if they're not executing the way you want them to execute. It's a rarity to see a guy get yanked for gaffes. Roy and Dean did that poo all the time. You're not gonna disappear on the bench, but you're gonna get an ass chewing and get your head right.

Here is my thing with Love…if he shoots 4-28 mostly taking bad shots the other team is going to rebound the ball.  That is 24 empty trips.  I don’t know how you can win like that.

Dean used to sit guys for a half for taking 1 bad shot.  Hubert just sits and watches the game.

I know I am being a little over the top there but Caleb shoots this team to a win or completely destroys any chance for us.

Edited by Shocker

1 hour ago, jayboogieman said:

Evidently Miami just owns Duke and UNC from what the announcers just said. Only two losses against UNC and one against Duke under Larranage.

I assume you mean recently.  Larranaga has been at Miami a while.  IMO, he is one of the better gametime coaches in the ACC.  Just doesn't recruit as well as some of the others.

28 minutes ago, Davidson Deac II said:

I assume you mean recently.  Larranaga has been at Miami a while.  IMO, he is one of the better gametime coaches in the ACC.  Just doesn't recruit as well as some of the others.

Yeah, Larranaga is a really good Xs and Os coach but Miami has been pretty hit or miss under him because they oftentimes just don't have the necessary talent. For his career hes barely over .500 in ACC play and has missed the NCAA tourney 5 times.