• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

College BBall 2022

jayboogieman

It just blows my mind how both Dean and Roy thought that guys who had no real head coaching experience should take over at UNC. Head basketball coach at UNC shouldn't be a lifetime achievement award to be given out in thanks by a retiring legends. Dean and Roy were awesome but damn... letting them hand lick their successors has lead to the two roughest patches of UNC basketball in my lifetime and there will still be at least another year left in this current rough patch. I'm not sure if we'll make it to .500 next year.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Love finishes off Carolina’s chances going 5-25 from the field.  Get him out of here

Just an absolute enigma. He's always either the best or the worst player on the court with no gray area in between. He really should transfer and see if he can find consistency elsewhere. The constant green light Hubert gives him isn't helping him.

On 11/30/2022 at 10:22 PM, Shocker said:

Heels are going to need better coaching.  Sorry but getting out hustled, out worked and out coached.  Heels have reverted to 3s and one on one.  Caleb Love is flat out shooting this team out of games.  Totally inefficient all around.  Sad to watch.

Bacot is a great second big.  As the primary big…He is so lazy with his play it is maddening.  He is better than this

I wanted to go back and look at old posts to see how long Carolina was like this…this one is from Nov

55 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It just blows my mind how both Dean and Roy thought that guys who had no real head coaching experience should take over at UNC. Head basketball coach at UNC shouldn't be a lifetime achievement award to be given out in thanks by a retiring legends. Dean and Roy were awesome but damn... letting them hand lick their successors has lead to the two roughest patches of UNC basketball in my lifetime and there will still be at least another year left in this current rough patch. I'm not sure if we'll make it to .500 next year.

Did you say this last year when UNC was in the Nat'l championship game?

Down year at 20-13 still a winning record.

Now his job is on the line. WOW you're hard to please!

It's hard to win championships even for the greats. UNC wasn't winning championships with Roy at the end of his run. 

27 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Did you say this last year when UNC was in the Nat'l championship game?

Down year at 20-13 still a winning record.

Now his job is on the line. WOW you're hard to please!

It's hard to win championships even for the greats. UNC wasn't winning championships with Roy at the end of his run. 

Yeah, I said it last year during the tourney that this feels like a fluke. We just got red hot. That's why I wasn't really upset when we blew that second half lead in the national championship game. We were playing with house money. It didn't feel like we should've been there. We had been wildly inconsistent all year.

I had hoped that it was a sign that this team had turned the corner. Instead what we got was an even MORE inconsistent team this year.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I said it last year during the tourney that this feels like a fluke. We just got red hot. That's why I wasn't really upset when we blew that second half lead in the national championship game. We were playing with house money. It didn't feel like we should've been there. We had been wildly inconsistent all year.

I had hoped that it was a sign that this team had turned the corner. Instead what we got was an even MORE inconsistent team this year.

The more I think about it the more you might be right. This team this year just didn't look right.

I said all year nobody on this team has NBA talent. Carolina usues produces 2 or 3 NBA level players. But to be fair to Hubert these aren't his guys. 

Caleb Love needs to transfer. I love the kid but he's just not being done any favors by Hubert's no consequences constant green light coaching style. The kid struggles with consistency and decision making and we're just doing absolutely nothing to help him develop in those areas. He needs a coach that will force him to play within himself and plant his ass on the bench when he doesn't.

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Caleb Love needs to transfer. I love the kid but he's just not being done any favors by Hubert's no consequences constant green light coaching style. The kid struggles with consistency and decision making and we're just doing absolutely nothing to help him develop in those areas. He needs a coach that will force him to play within himself and plant his ass on the bench when he doesn't.

Spot on.  I seriously wonder if this team wins many more of these close games this season if he wasn’t on the court at all.  I really do think so.  The amount of empty possessions he created this season was crazy.  That Hubert never did anything at all about it is very troubling