• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL: Meanwhile in Denver

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, saX man said:

100%.  If we don't land a good coach, nothing will matter.  This next hire is critical.  If it's a dud, Pantherland will be fluttering away like a bojangles fart in the wind.  

we can get by with a lesser QB and a better HC than we can a lesser HC and a better QB.

if Steichen is as good as it appears, it will take a lot of pressure off trying to find the best QB for the team. i'd trust his judgment on the pick, but i'd trust more the work he does with whatever QB he has. 

the better situation we can make the team look for him, the better the chances of getting him, imo. if he's a hot commodity like it appears he's going to be, the team needs to look like it can compete with just a bit of his tweaking and an improvement at QB.

the more competitive we look, the better this team looks for a prospective HC. draft position is important, but i'd trust him to be able to make sure we've got one that he can work with outside of the first couple high ranked QBs....just in case we miss out on them for whatever reason.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

3 hours ago, stbugs said:

Not me, been screaming to go for a rookie QB (not a 3rd rounder) since 2020 season. Our schedule will make that tough or make it a big reach this year and unfortunately, we lack the draft capital to make a move next year so Carr or Trubisky come on down.

Carr and Trubisky are not in the same stratosphere in terms of quality.

I'd rather ride with Sam or Baker for 2023 and hope they suck enough to draft Drake Maye in 2024.

I live in the greater Denver area, it's been a treat to tune into 94.3 and listen to Schlereth rant about how bad the Broncos are. They are just completely flabbergasted by it too, it's just such a mess all over that it's hard to even pinpoint where to start to fix this. I always think back to pre-season and how they were talking about the Super Bowl window opening now.... yikes. They are in a hole for the foreseeable future. 

13 minutes ago, stbugs said:

That was sarcasm, as in we’d just grab the next available vet since that’s worked so well for us for the pst 3 years. Sam and a baker aren’t under contract next year. Corral is and maybe PJ, can’t recall his deal.

PJ signed for 1 year. He's a FA.