• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes v Flames 4pm

Panthers Fan 69

Positives were offensive zone time- Carolina worked hard at keeping the puck in the zone. Looked very good on the wrong end of a back-to-back weekend. A lot more shots taken from the face-off circles in.

Not so good- another turn over in the middle of the ice leading to a breakaway goal. Canes, at times, had issues with Calgary's forecheck, and the flames got aggressive with it on their PK. 2 of 3 on the PP? Wow, about time.

Brent Burns didn't take many shots (relatively speaking) and I actually saw him think twice about jumping in and, instead, he backed off to the blue line. Maybe he's finally starting to figure out his role.

Jarvis is coming. He's young and still makes the occasional misread, but he's going to be really good. KK is starting to come around, but it's going to take a lot of making up with his contract, expectations and performance thus far. He lost at least 1 tooth Friday in Boston, and I thought he'd be down yesterday, but he played okay.... just okay. He was physical yesterday- I will give him that.

Paul Stastny. If I hadn't heard his name on the PA getting credit for an assist, I wouldn't have known he was playing yesterday, and I was at the game. Maybe I'm wrong, but I had a lot more expectation of his veteran leadership and ability to bring a physical presence to the front of the net, like the Nino he replaced. But I've seen the very rare flash, but nothing that wows me. Matter of fact, that whole line is under-achieving and it's driving me nuts given the amount of experience. 

• Pie 2