• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Championship Week

Catsfan69

Some of you bozos on here and Paul finebaum butt sniffers …oh man thanks for the chuckle this morning. 

Criswell just entered the transfer portal. Highly doubt he does that if your baseless speculation of MaYe iZZ LeaVNN had any merit. 

I think Maye was hurt in the WFU game and then concussed in GT game. Certainly more evidence to back this claim up than him leaving for Bama (LOL!)

• Beer 1

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

And I should add that he did this by being who he is - a recruiter. He flipped Howell from Florida State and Maye from Alabama and that's been the big difference. The D is still trash. The OL is still porous. The overall offensive skill positions have been a big step up from the Fedora era but if you put Average Joe P5 starting QB on these teams, what's the end result? Maybe a game or two better than the Fedora era? We've flipped two big time QB recruits because that's what Mack Brown can do. 

One thing I’m very thankful for is Mack Brown redeveloping the relationships with all of the HS coaches in NC that Fedora pissed off.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

One thing I’m very thankful for is Mack Brown redeveloping the relationships with all of the HS coaches in NC that Fedora pissed off.

100%. We basically couldn't get any homegrown top talent because Fedora had their coaches literally telling them to go anywhere but Carolina.

BTW, Jacoby Criswell (a 4* recruit himself) has entered the transfer portal as everyone expected so if Maye does end up leaving we're completely fuged.

It’s strange to me, and it shows the level of stupidity of some of these posters in this thread, that they can’t wait to claim that ERRBODY LEAVIN when in fact it should be the other way around.

Me thinks that the portal players and NIL chasers would jump at the opportunity to play for a team that will once again be in the conversation next year and a Heisman candidate QB who will elevate their play. 

#HuddleLogic 

• Pie 1

100%. We basically couldn't get any homegrown top talent because Fedora had their coaches literally telling them to go anywhere but Carolina.

BTW, Jacoby Criswell (a 4* recruit himself) has entered the transfer portal as everyone expected so if Maye does end up leaving we're completely fuged.

Maye could transfer but Mack seemed pretty confident that he won’t when asked about the situation. I just hope we are able to keep the young kids like Andre Greene and Zach Rice.

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

U don’t think Criswell is privy to information about being handed the keys if the crackpots are right about Maye leaving? Use some critical thinking dude 

4 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

U don’t think Criswell is privy to information about being handed the keys if the crackpots are right about Maye leaving? Use some critical thinking dude 

The keys? To the Longo jalopy that's losing it's entire OL and #1 WR? This is the same situation Howell walked into his final season. And you can guarantee everyone who might be wanted by other programs is hearing all about it.

6 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

It’s strange to me, and it shows the level of stupidity of some of these posters in this thread, that they can’t wait to claim that ERRBODY LEAVIN when in fact it should be the other way around.

Me thinks that the portal players and NIL chasers would jump at the opportunity to play for a team that will once again be in the conversation next year and a Heisman candidate QB who will elevate their play. 

#HuddleLogic 

Carolina’s NIL profile doesn’t compete with the top teams in the SEC or Big Ten.  Mack stated a few days ago that we’ve missed out on about five high end recruits that would have come to Carolina if NIL wasn’t a thing. Mack also stated that he does expect some transfers.

All this to say, Carolina and Clemson should leave the ACC for the SEC. The offer is on the table and both can jump at any time. The only thing holding Carolina up is that they don’t want to leave Duke behind. However, at some point, UNC needs to do what’s best for themselves.

Edited by MillionDollarCam
  • Pie 1

The keys? To the Longo jalopy that's losing it's entire OL and #1 WR? This is the same situation Howell walked into his final season. And you can guarantee everyone who might be wanted by other programs is hearing all about it.

If Maye were not to play next year, Criswell is the starter. Period. Still good players around him and knows the playbook.

I see this a lot with UNC fans, a chicken little mentality, I bet you think if the basketball team doesn’t go 40-0 and win every game by 50 points the season is a failure  

3 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Carolina’s NIL profile doesn’t compete with the top teams in the SEC or Big Ten.  Mack stated a few days ago that we’ve missed out on about five high end recruits that would have come to Carolina if NIL wasn’t a thing. Mack also stated that he does expect some transfers.

Then they need to step up the NIL stuff. They got the money. 

and there are transfers every year. I expect 1-2 running backs to leave because the reps just won’t be there next year. 

8 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I won't. These kids have to do what's best for them. Howell was getting #1 overall pick talk but lost his supporting cast and still had a mouth breathing moron for an OC. End result? He ends up going in the 5th round after pretty much single handedly carrying an entire offense on his back. That's what Drake Maye is going to be hearing from elite programs. And it's fair.

I've seen nothing to indicate that Maye wants to leave.

Just the opposite, honestly.