• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeremy Chinn...

electro's horse

34 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

Imagine how short Rivera's tenure would have been if he hadn't had Luke out there covering for him.

Thank goodness Rivera is in a shitty division this year and has Heinicke to pick up the slack and have them as the #6 seed right now.

I can't wait until we one day have sustained success.... hopefully. But even then, comments like these will probably continue with whatever staff is in place. I live in Eagles & Steeler territory, and did you know in the 20 years since they had a losing record, the sustained success is due to Tomlin inheriting Cowher's roster, as well as lucking into the star players they had? According to their fans, it's all in spite of Tomlin and has nothing to do with coaching.

Since the NFL expanded to 16+ games, only 5 teams managed to go 15-1 or better, including that 2015 Panthers team. Even with Peyton Manning calling the shots with the Colts in his prime, multiple Hall of Fame players and a Hall of Fame coach, he never pulled off a season like the Panthers in 2015. And only had 1 Super Bowl win in 13 years with that Colts team.

The constant bickering about "what could have been" with a better coach needs to stop. Rivera has his faults, but if we had somebody other than Rivera at the helm during the Cam & Luke years, those years could have been much worse. At least Rivera knew how to let his playmakers be playmakers.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, MasterAwesome said:

I don't get why we don't blitz him off the edge more...the man is a heat-seeking missile.  His coverage on the other hand scares me.  Was hoping his *mis*usage (imo) was more of a Rhule/Snow thing but nothing seems to have changed with Chinn's role in the Wilks era.

Wilks has moved Chinn back to the role he thrived in. 

Shows how little you pay attention.  

Edited by pantherclaw

2 hours ago, electro's horse said:

Imagine how short Rivera's tenure would have been if he hadn't had Luke out there covering for him.

And Cam out there performing miracles every game. 

We had the leagues highest scoring offense with Philly Brown and Ted Ginn as receivers. Cam and Luke carried Ron to 2 CotY awards. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1