• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Trey Lance?

tukafan21

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

why would san fran trade a qb on a rookie deal for a 3rd when they gave up so much to draft him?  So times folks on here simply do not use their brain

He was a top 3 pick so he still hits the cap at 9 and 10 million over the next 2 years. The dead cap might outweigh those numbers though. They also have no picks in this draft so if they want to build around their core they could use the capital. Also they might prefer to have a nice vet QB to help with Purdy’s development. It probably won’t happen, but we are just responding to the story that was “leaked.”

3 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Yeah DJ Moore is a good 2.

No TE no slot no number 1 no number 3.

Talking about having to do it by yourself. 

Lol when he was “winning” our running game was carrying his ass. When our run gets shut down and we have to rely on your boy Sam you get a 2.8 QB rating….

6 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Not making it, since he's on IR, is kinda understandable.  However, IF they think they have found a hidden gem in Purdy, then why keep Lance around?  Contract wise, cap wise, you go with the cheaper option.

You go with the better option, contract be damned.

If they don't think Lance is better than a seventh round rookie, that says something.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

If they don't think Lance is better than a seventh round rookie, that says something.

That's the reason the Patriots moved on from Drew Bledsoe too.  Sometimes luck and timing are everything, draft position be damned.

• Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The Pats picked a 6th round QB over former top pick Bledsoe. Sometimes you just strike gold. That didn’t mean Bledsoe was bad… If they win the Super Bowl with him it’s going to be hard to bench him for Lance. If they are in win now mode they don’t need a developmental QB in Lance as a backup. They need a vet to step him and steady the ship if needed.

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

The Pats picked a 6th round QB over former top pick Bledsoe. Sometimes you just strike gold. That didn’t mean Bledsoe was bad… If they win the Super Bowl with him it’s going to be hard to bench him for Lance. If they are in win now mode they don’t need a developmental QB in Lance as a backup. They need a vet to step him and steady the ship if needed.

Bledsoe was good, just not good enough.

I'm not yet convinced that Lance is good.

Hell, I'm not really convinced that Purdy is good, but if the Niners think he's better than Lance...

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 1

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Lol when he was “winning” our running game was carrying his ass. When our run gets shut down and we have to rely on your boy Sam you get a 2.8 QB rating….

Do recievers have to get open to throw then the ball?

Did Sam Darnold say F it I'll do it by myself and go win the game?

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not really convinced that Purdy is good, but if the Niners think he's better than Lance...

If a rookie steps in for your injured starter and doesn’t lose then you probably roll with him next year as well. Lance is on IR and Purdy hasn’t lost. What can Lance possibly do to stop Purdy from being the guy going forward. Purdy is the more pro ready young QB so he fits perfectly where they are as a team (win now mode). 
I do understand being skeptical, which is why I’m saying a 2nd or 3rd for him. 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Hell, I'm not really convinced that Purdy is good, but if the Niners think he's better than Lance...

Until he loses, he's better than Jimmy G too.  The NFL is a results driven League and if Purdy can keep mustering win after win after win, then why would the 49ers put ANYONE other than him in as the starter?  I think Purdy is purely a game manager, but as a rookie, that's still pretty darn impressive.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Catsfan69 said:

Do recievers have to get open to throw then the ball?

Did Sam Darnold say F it I'll do it by myself and go win the game?

Teddy played much better with a worse OL, (CMC was on IR), same weapons, and a worse HC.  Keep crying about Darnold shitting the bed like he always does, but the truth is Teddy is a much better QB than Sam. That’s where Sam in at after year 5. Below Teddy in the backup/bridge QB market.