• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Payton + Brady ???

chknwing

21 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The thing about that last game is it gives you a pretty good preview of what Brady is going to look like at the end of a long season against a playoff quality team.

I mean they asked him to throw 66 times against a very good defense with an elite pass rush.  So yeah he didn't look too great.  

I don't think Brady is an MVP-level player anymore but I also don't think we should hold that game against him.  It was a terrible match-up for an offense that has been bad all year.  I think Brady would look better in a more balanced offense, not one the asks him to will them to victory every week.  

2 minutes ago, Mage said:

I mean they asked him to throw 66 times against a very good defense with an elite pass rush.  So yeah he didn't look too great.  

I don't think Brady is an MVP-level player anymore but I also don't think we should hold that game against him.  It was a terrible match-up for an offense that has been bad all year.  I think Brady would look better in a more balanced offense, not one the asks him to will them to victory every week.  

Like a McDaniels style offense... 🤔

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Like a McDaniels style offense... 🤔

Yes, he'd fit there really well.  I think it is important you support him with a running game.  Brady can still make most of the throws, we see that, but the Bucs did a disservice having him lead the league in pass attempts two years in a row.  

I also think he would fit really well with Sean Payton.  Payton's always had a balanced offense (outside of that 4 year stretch where the Saints had to pass a lot to make up for the lack of defense).  Passing scheme fits with Brady and we know Payton is able to keep an offense productive with an aging, somewhat limited QB.  Payton also LOVES his RBs in the passing game, so again another fit there.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you that we have to be cognizant that Brady won't be able to carry us (or any team).  But I do think in the right situation you can still win a playoff game and maybe more with him.  He's still really good at limiting mistakes and his leadership is out of this world.  

Just now, Mage said:

Yes, he'd fit there really well.  I think it is important you support him with a running game.  Brady can still make most of the throws, we see that, but the Bucs did a disservice having him lead the league in pass attempts two years in a row.  

I also think he would fit really well with Sean Payton.  Payton's always had a balanced offense (outside of that 4 year stretch where the Saints had to pass a lot to make up for the lack of defense).  Passing scheme fits with Brady and we know Payton is able to keep an offense productive with an aging, somewhat limited QB.  Payton also LOVES his RBs in the passing game, so again another fit there.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you that we have to be cognizant that Brady won't be able to carry us (or any team).  But I do think in the right situation you can still win a playoff game and maybe more with him.  He's still really good at limiting mistakes and his leadership is out of this world.  

General belief is that he'll rejoin McDaniels in Las Vegas next season.

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

General belief is that he'll rejoin McDaniels in Las Vegas next season.

I think as things stand right now, they make the most sense if SF doesn't decide they want to make a run at him.

But if Payton comes here, I think we would make WAY more sense for Brady than the Raiders.

Would he rather go into a division with Mahomes, Herbert, and Wilson as it's QB's, with 2 playoff teams from this season including maybe the SB favorite?

Or would he rather go to the worst division in the league last year, where the other 3 teams don't have a clear cut starter amongst them for next year and team up with the coach he's been trying to play for the last couple years?

Payton/Brady in Carolina makes a lot more sense than him going to Las Vegas.