• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Report: Russell Wilson has contacted Sean Payton, wants him as Broncos coach

WarPanthers89

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think they gave their firsts and seconds from 2023 and 2024.  The first in 2023 is from SF, so it will be late, and it will have to be used for Payton.

I knew they gave their firsts and seconds for russ (2022/2023) and they got their first they traded for Russ back from Miami in the Chubb trade. (For this years draft 2023) I’m assuming that one would be used in the Payton trade. What did they give up their 2024 first for, I don’t recall them trading it? 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, The Lobo said:

I knew they gave their firsts and seconds for russ (2022/2023) and they got their first they traded for Russ back from Miami in the Chubb trade. (For this years draft 2023) I’m assuming that one would be used in the Payton trade. What did they give up their 2024 first for, I don’t recall them trading it? 

You are right--my mistake.  I was thinking 23-24 instead of 22-23.

• Pie 1

12 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

Denver:Superbowl Winning QB

Carolina:Sam Darnold 

Which one would bring you back into coaching , after a decade with a future HOF QB in Drew Brees 

We are not getting Payton

AFC West or NFC South, which is the more ideal division? Factor in Wilson's albatross of a contract and what they have up to get him and yeah, not looking nearly as hot.

• Pie 1

13 hours ago, Day1PanthersFan said:

Denver:Superbowl Winning QB

Carolina:Sam Darnold 

Which one would bring you back into coaching , after a decade with a future HOF QB in Drew Brees 

We are not getting Payton

That SB he "won" the Broncos barely even showed up. That game was lost from the first snap. If we got that Broncos team in 50 we would have wiped the field with them too. One of the most lopsided championships in history. Seattle had a horseshoe up their ass until that untimely interception against New England.

What cracks me up about this is Wilson's arrogance.  He SUCKED this year, and he is the personification of a bad trade/contract.  The Cards and the Broncos are in similar situations--the Broncos being the worst.

Its between Houston and Carolina, and I think Houston is the best option for him.  He can go in, draft a qb, and turn it around immediately.

Houston's 2023 draft:

• First-round pick (own)  SECOND OVERALL Probably a QB.
  • First-round pick (via Cleveland in Deshaun Watson trade) 12 th OVERALL (This is the pick they would probably ship to New Orleans)
  • Second-round pick (own)
  • Third-round pick (own)
  • Third-round pick (via Cleveland in Deshaun Watson trade)
  • Fourth-round pick (own)
  • Fifth-round pick (own)
  • Sixth-round pick (own)
  • Sixth-round pick (via Vikings in Ross Blacklock trade)
  • Sixth-round pick (via Saints in Bradley Roby trade)
  • Sixth-round pick (via Giants in Keion Crossen trade)
Edited by MHS831

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

What cracks me up about this is Wilson's arrogance.  He SUCKED this year, and he is the personification of a bad trade/contract.  The Cards and the Broncos are in similar situations--the Broncos being the worst.

Its between Houston and Carolina, and I think Houston is the best option for him.  He can go in, draft a qb, and turn it around immediately.

Houston's 2023 draft:

• First-round pick (own)  SECOND OVERALL Probably a QB.
  • First-round pick (via Cleveland in Deshaun Watson trade) 12 th OVERALL (This is the pick they would probably ship to New Orleans)
  • Second-round pick (own)
  • Third-round pick (own)
  • Third-round pick (via Cleveland in Deshaun Watson trade)
  • Fourth-round pick (own)
  • Fifth-round pick (own)
  • Sixth-round pick (own)
  • Sixth-round pick (via Vikings in Ross Blacklock trade)
  • Sixth-round pick (via Saints in Bradley Roby trade)
  • Sixth-round pick (via Giants in Keion Crossen trade)

I've thought about this as well, but then I remember the Payton interview in which he said ownership and front office people are important in his decision. Houston has good things to offer as you stated, but they also have Cal McNair and Nic Caserio. These guys have been in the news several times and not in good ways. Most recently these guys will be hiring their 3rd HC in 3 years, and have canned minorities the past two years after only giving each guy one year. You have to ask yourself if free agents will even entertain signing in Houston with those two guiding the ship 

Edited by TheProcess
  • Pie 1