• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Frank Reich's Intro Presser - Today, Noon EST

Bear Hands

11 hours ago, top dawg said:

Reich is established and all that. Sure! But until he wins the big one, I don't see him as having that much more success than lots of coaches who have never won it, Ron Rivera and John Fox included. Once he actually gets to and wins a Super Bowl as the HC, then I'll give him some props for being "successful," but he at least has to get to one.

I mean he's 41-35. Whoopdy frickin doo! I hope that he's way better than during his next five years (assuming he makes it that long).

There ya go, dawg, moving the goal posts again. Everyone on the Huddle would give their first born just to have consecutive winning seasons. /s

11 hours ago, top dawg said:

Reich is established and all that. Sure! But until he wins the big one, I don't see him as having that much more success than lots of coaches who have never won it, Ron Rivera and John Fox included. Once he actually gets to and wins a Super Bowl as the HC, then I'll give him some props for being "successful," but he at least has to get to one.

I mean he's 41-35. Whoopdy frickin doo! I hope that he's way better than during his next five years (assuming he makes it that long).

Actually 40-33-1 If I remember correctly.

Who were you hoping for?

Edited by Mr. Scot

What impressed me over all is that Frank Reich is a smart HC. He's also very human. His trouble hearing and understanding the (rather stupid) question about the playing surface at the Bank with his saying, paraphrasing, it's not you, it's me with bad hearing had me instantly on his side. I am SSD and, when in public, I end up saying that at least once a day. I knew what the guy was saying because I had close captioning on.

12 hours ago, top dawg said:

Yeah, he probably hasn't done player evaluations inasmuch as it relates directly to the Panthers, but I kind off have a hard time believing that he hasn't scouted Darnold or Corral before. 

With Darnold, he did. 

https://clutchpoints.com/jets-news-frank-reich-calls-sam-darnold-the-real-deal

I'm sure his attitude had changed since then....hopefully....

Edited by glenwo2

5 hours ago, GRWatcher said:

There ya go, dawg, moving the goal posts again. Everyone on the Huddle would give their first born just to have consecutive winning seasons. /s

I don't get what you mean by moving the goalposts, I've been consistent about Reich from the beginning. He'll get respect as the coach, as I've always given the coach time to do his thing before calling for his head. I'm more patient than most. He'll get his two years from me, unless he outright bombs out of the gate. Admittedly, I may appear more critical on a curve, because it's not like Reich doesn't have a body of work. He's also arguably coming into a situation that is decidedly better than when Rivera or Rhule took over the show. He certainly has more exoerience, and as such I believe that expectations should be somewhat higher coming out the gate.

5 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Actually 40-33-1 If I remember correctly.

Who were you hoping for?

Harbaugh.

When it became obvious pretty early that we weren't getting him, I decided that I'd personally like one of these "young offensive minds" that had been mentioned like Johnson, Steichen, or Kafka. Even though he was an OC, I could've been sold on Demeco also. 

BTW, the disparity is playoff wins/losses.

Edited by top dawg

I mean, I can't get excited over his overall record. He was also key in the decision-making and personnel also, so I can't give him a complete pass on that. 

I told someone in another thread last week that from where I'm sitting Reich has a lot to prove, and I believe that. His record doesn't exactly scream "success" to me. As far as that goes, he's closer to Fox and Rivera than Harbaugh.

8 hours ago, top dawg said:

I don't get what you mean by moving the goalposts, I've been consistent about Reich from the beginning. He'll get respect as the coach, as I've always given the coach time to do his thing before calling for his head. I'm more patient than most. He'll get his two years from me, unless he outright bombs out of the gate. Admittedly, I may appear more critical on a curve, because it's not like Reich doesn't have a body of work. He's also arguably coming into a situation that is decidedly better than when Rivera or Rhule took over the show. He certainly has more exoerience, and as such I believe that expectations should be somewhat higher coming out the gate.

Ah, @top dawg, you didn't catch the /s at the end of my comment. I was teasing. Slow down, bud. Stress is a killer. And, yes, we all want a SB but IMO we'll also cheer when there are two consecutive winning seasons. We're allowed. 

• Pie 1