• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reich’s description of a QB: It’s basically Corral

Wundrbread33

10 hours ago, stan786 said:

Corral does in no way shape or form have as much upside as any of the top 4 QBs in this class. That is just silly.

How many of them can match Corrals two years at Ole Miss. Completion percentage, find me a match. Rushing yards, find me a match. Taller more physical than young equal "instincts" as Rhule called them, equal or better arm talent than the top three.

Stats. facts. Back up your assertions with researchable or previously researched facts instead of this uninformed mantra home team haters spew over a player that has done no harm yet. Hasn't made a play good or bad yet is already trash when he wasn't trash in college just the opposite. He was in the running for the Heisman instead. 

Those who forget history are destined to be smacked in the mouth by it. If Corral stays in any ways healthy. Crow will be served and the haters FEAR it.

Delicious.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, rippadonn said:

How many of them can match Corrals two years at Ole Miss. Completion percentage, find me a match. Rushing yards, find me a match. Taller more physical than young equal "instincts" as Rhule called them, equal or better arm talent than the top three.

Stats. facts. Back up your assertions with researchable or previously researched facts instead of this uninformed mantra home team haters spew over a player that has done no harm yet. Hasn't made a play good or bad yet is already trash when he wasn't trash in college just the opposite. He was in the running for the Heisman instead. 

Those who forget history are destined to be smacked in the mouth by it. If Corral stays in any ways healthy. Crow will be served and the haters FEAR it.

Delicious.

I mean using college stats would just be attempting to prove a correlation to upside with college stats when there aren’t. That Lane Kiffin offense is as friendly as they come I’m also not mentioning Hendon Hooker’s stats when I’m talking about upside. You’ve also ignored me saying I liked him coming out and hate he got dealt a bad hand. 

Please tag me and let me eat crow if Corral stays healthy and wins the starting job sounds like a lovey dream, but I of course live in reality where the chances of that happening are pretty minuscule. Always happy to eat a nice crow dinner though.

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, stan786 said:

I mean using college stats would just be attempting to prove a correlation to upside with college stats when there aren’t. That Lane Kiffin offense is as friendly as they come I’m also not mentioning Hendon Hooker’s stats when I’m talking about upside. You’ve also ignored me saying I liked him coming out and hate he got dealt a bad hand. 

Please tag me and let me eat crow if Corral stays healthy and wins the starting job sounds like a lovey dream, but I of course live in reality where the chances of that happening are pretty minuscule. Always happy to eat a nice crow dinner though.

Excuse Me Wow GIF by Mashable

7 hours ago, stan786 said:

To be fair, if we assumed every player would fail, we would be right more than we were wrong. 

Not saying that you are doing that now, but the odds of Corral being a long term starter are low as poo no matter how talented he is. 

Same will go for the rookie QB we most likely bring in. 

I just hope we hit on Corral or the rookie. Both would be awesome…then we can trade the other. 

• Beer 1

Just now, Wundrbread33 said:

To be fair, if we assumed every player would fail, we would be right more than we were wrong. 

Not saying that you are doing that now, but the odds of Corral being a long term starter are low as poo no matter how talented he is. 

Same will go for the rookie QB we most likely bring in. 

I just hope we hit on Corral or the rookie. Both would be awesome…then we can trade the other. 

I would agree with the caveat historically first round QBs hit at a much higher rate on the whole. But like you said earlier it’s based on a number of variables and that’s true even after they are drafted. Corral got slapped with a bad lame duck coach and a brutal injury, which definitely isn’t an indictment on him but it’s just a lot to work out of sadly.

I agree completely with your last statement I don’t really care who it is I just hope we figure it out soon. I really hope Corral can make a statement this offseason and force a spot on this roster and we can see how development takes them.

• Beer 1

I guess what’s irritating to me (but always happens so I should ignore it), is when people poo on players before then even get a chance. Pre and post draft. 

Most drafts need a few years to see how they pan out. Players develop on different timelines. Most players are out of the league within their rookie contracts anyway. 

But sometimes people just need some patience. People called Icky a bust after week 1. It’s just bewildering to me. 

Just now, stan786 said:

I would agree with the caveat historically first round QBs hit at a much higher rate on the whole. But like you said earlier it’s based on a number of variables and that’s true even after they are drafted. Corral got slapped with a bad lame duck coach and a brutal injury, which definitely isn’t an indictment on him but it’s just a lot to work out of sadly.

I agree completely with your last statement I don’t really care who it is I just hope we figure it out soon. I really hope Corral can make a statement this offseason and force a spot on this roster and we can see how development takes them.

Yeah man it was just so nice when we had Cam and the QB situation was figured out. 

I want to get back to that. QB purgatory SUUUUUUCKS.

I am a fan of Corral before and after the draft, because I think he’s talented, and he showed me tools that could potentially get us out of QB crisis. 

He might not amount to anything in the league, but him being on the roster is only a good thing, and adding a rookie is only a good thing too. 

Having Reich and staff with a veteran QB, and two young talented QB’s (Rookie and Corral) sounds like the perfect situation for our franchise. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, Wundrbread33 said:

Yeah man it was just so nice when we had Cam and the QB situation was figured out. 

I want to get back to that. QB purgatory SUUUUUUCKS.

I am a fan of Corral before and after the draft, because I think he’s talented, and he showed me tools that could potentially get us out of QB crisis. 

He might not amount to anything in the league, but him being on the roster is only a good thing, and adding a rookie is only a good thing too. 

Having Reich and staff with a veteran QB, and two young talented QB’s (Rookie and Corral) sounds like the perfect situation for our franchise. 

My only debate with this is that we had the QB situation figured out.  I don't know that we did, we just got lucky and had a guy that could play the position well.

Given what we did when we had him and what we have done with the position since, it is more like the blind squirrel finding an acorn.  The last few years we had no sense of smell, either.

That, I am hoping Reich and company can put an end to. 

• Beer 1