• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

McCown has already been scouting QBs

ncfan

6 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

And he's older than the vast majority of draft prospects. I'd feel differently about him if he was a redshirt sophomore but this guy shouldn't be so raw at this stage.

The age think is easily the most overplayed thing in the draft game, especially for QB's.

All of these guys are young enough to navigate a learning curve and that position has extreme longevity unless you are a bruising runner.

I think the question is if he is actually raw or he has some fundamental flaw in processing. 

• Pie 4

8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The age think is easily the most overplayed thing in the draft game, especially for QB's.

All of these guys are young enough to navigate a learning curve and that position has extreme longevity unless you are a bruising runner.

I think the question is if he is actually raw or he has some fundamental flaw in processing. 

What I don't like is Pickett was supposed to carve up teams at his age, and he did his last year. Hooker was tearing it up before the ACL as expected. Levis actually looked worse than the previous year, everyone started out bragging about his experience in a "pro style offense" and then halfway through the year it was nothing but excuses. Not saying you're a fan of any of these guys but a 24/25 year old should be putting up really good stats. Stetson Bennet it probably a 5th rounder and Levis is top 10, Hooker is day 2? There is definitely bias at the media level at the least

• Pie 1

18 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

It's not the age as much as it is the years of experience and maturity level. He has a lot of experience. He should be more mentally and emotionally mature at 23, soon to be 24 than the average college kid. It all adds up to say that he should be far further along in his development process than he is. That's what I mean when bringing up his age.

2 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

What I don't like is Pickett was supposed to carve up teams at his age, and he did his last year. Hooker was tearing it up before the ACL as expected. Levis actually looked worse than the previous year, everyone started out bragging about his experience in a "pro style offense" and then halfway through the year it was nothing but excuses. Not saying you're a fan of any of these guys but a 24/25 year old should be putting up really good stats. Stetson Bennet it probably a 5th rounder and Levis is top 10, Hooker is day 2? There is definitely bias at the media level at the least

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's not the age as much as it is the years of experience and maturity level. He has a lot of experience. He should be more mentally and emotionally mature at 23, soon to be 24 than the average college kid. It all adds up to say that he should be far further along in his development process than he is. That's what I mean when bringing up his age.

Yeah, the improvement question is valid. That's always valid when you are an older player. It's also the classic thing that tanks draft stock on older players. Not stepping up and getting better.

• Pie 1