• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hey you fuging metal heads!

Datawire

Why the fug is this band not more prominent? They have been around for years, yet not much notoriety.

The guitar sound melts my face and the snare snap is sooooo good. The vocals can be compared to Maxx Cavelera I suppose but, so what? I love Sepultura. In other songs they have that heavy crunch. BTW, what ever happened to the crunch, the chug, in metal the past few years? Seems none existent today. These guys found it, held tight to it, and haven't let go. What say you, huddle?

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, lightsout said:

That is bouncy as fug. I dig it. Reminds me of some of Crystal Lake's stuff a tad. 

A little bit yeah for sure. I think Crystal Lake used 7 string guitars. Great sound either way.

3 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

It's no Gutalax! What a party lol!

Umm @Brooklyn 3.0 my man. It does look like a fun party. But what the fug...the vocals had me wondering if I was watching The Grudge. Like he could make that creepy sound from the movie and went...yeah, fug yeah I can sing. Put me in. lol You're right it's no Gutalax haha

9 minutes ago, Datawire said:

A little bit yeah for sure. I think Crystal Lake used 7 string guitars. Great sound either way.

Umm @Brooklyn 3.0 my man. It does look like a fun party. But what the fug...the vocals had me wondering if I was watching The Grudge. Like he could make that creepy sound from the movie and went...yeah, fug yeah I can sing. Put me in. lol You're right it's no Gutalax haha

Don't go looking up grindcore or powerviolence on YT then. 🙂

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, lightsout said:

Alright so are we all ok saying Lorna Shore's "Pain Remains" is album of the year in metal? Like is there truly a better product?

Mmm good question. The latest Trilogy you mean in 2022? This year has just begun, but I know what you meant.

Yeah man, incredible stuff. I think we all know Will has some of of the most unhinged and impressive metal vocals of...well, this past year, maybe ever. It does set Lorna apart from the others, for good reason.

I might put the 2022 Meshugga: Immutable in that mix.

7 hours ago, Datawire said:

Mmm good question. The latest Trilogy you mean in 2022? This year has just begun, but I know what you meant.

Yeah man, incredible stuff. I think we all know Will has some of of the most unhinged and impressive metal vocals of...well, this past year, maybe ever. It does set Lorna apart from the others, for good reason.

I might put the 2022 Meshugga: Immutable in that mix.

The trilogy yes but the entire album is what I meant. Confusing because the trilogy is the last part of the album of the same name lol 

• Pie 1

There is a lot of good metal it's just not on the radio or anything you have to find it.  All genres.  Personally I've been really digging the doom metal resurgence with Pallbearer, Khemmis, Sleep coming back with an album a couple years ago etc.  Elder is good too but it's more pysch in these latest albums but still good.  Also the new wave of traditional metal like Spirit Adrift and some stuff.  Basically all genres have something going on.  I was really sad about Power Trip and what happened there, if you haven't listen to Power Trip's last album it was one of my favorite in recent years if you like the chug.