• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton 2.0?

Kick

30 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Show me something like this before even thinking about saying he is as physical as Cam was

https://youtu.be/B0gDD0YYsb8

27 seconds

Newton and Allen are nearly statistcally identical as rushers. Allen a tiny advantage in yards per game and Newton a tiny advantage in TDs per game. To pretend there one is significantly better than the other in this regard is ignoring facts

Edited by csx

1 hour ago, csx said:

27 seconds

Newton and Allen are nearly statistcally identical as rushers. Allen a tiny advantage in yards per game and Newton a tiny advantage in TDs per game. To pretend there one is significantly better than the other in this regard is ignoring facts

Cam was used differently. Allen is different. Not even saying he’s worse or anything, I’m a big fan of Allen. He’s similar to Cam, I’ve been saying his best comp is Cam since I was high on him in his draft. But he’s not “another Cam”. He’s a slightly better passer and a different kind of runner.  I didn’t say anything about better. My point is that he’s just not Cam.  The combination of really good passer, long speed, and bulldozer is not a combo we’ll likely see again at QB

Edited by JawnyBlaze
Used the wrong tense when referring to Cam 😢
  • Pie 1

And that play was was nice, but he only shed individuals, when two guys were there he went down, Cam dragged groups. He pushed piles at the goalline. Allen is a great runner, he’s not a bulldozer when the situation calls for it like Cam.  I know I’m nitpicking, and I’ve always agreed that Allen is the closest thing we’ve seen or probably will see. But the goalline dives and bulldozing was really what set him apart. He was stronger than Allen, stronger than any QB when it came to goalline situations or 4th downs in addition to being fast and elusive. 

Edited by JawnyBlaze
  • Pie 1