• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers get an A from the Players Association, but there are concerns

Mr. Scot

16 hours ago, Basbear said:

I member old brentson buckner talking about playing for the bungals and they tried to get him to use a USED cup......"I AINT USING A USED CUP". So the coaches had to send out a employee to buy him a new....too funny. "They had a big bin of them"...lols

Plus I memeber marvin louis talking about players filled up their bookbags with Gatorade and so they started to charge each bottle...old bungals were something else.... 

oh man old bengals stories are the best 

like one of the players bought everyone towels for the locker room because they only had one basically hand towel per training session. 

Corey Dillon said he'd rather work at McDonalds than come back to the Bengals. 

When he was coming out for the draft, Ryan Mallet said Arkansas had nicer facilities. 

This was a post from another forum, so I'll just c/p it here. 

By far the most influential person in Bengals history is Paul Brown. He ran the team pretty much exclusively himself for a few decades and his kid who took over the team worships him.

The dude who runs the website has been around just long enough to see the tail end of the Paul Brown tenure and he told a story once that was very illuminating to me. This guy had just gotten off a, like, division 3 college beat and he's going into the Bengals locker room and he described it as "dank." 

Grungy, tiny lockers, shitty carpet and a tiny little like 8-in CRTV in like a school media tray. This is a guy who's like Baghdad Bob but for the Cincinnati Bengals, the official team website guy. Even so he says the locker room was significantly worse than the ones from the colleges he had been covering.

So he leaves the locker room and he happens to meet Paul Brown immediately afterwards. Paul brings up the TV and rants about how ridiculous it is for an NFL locker room to have a television in it, saying the locker room needs to be about football. 

Mike Brown worships his dad, and he's super cheap. He hardly ever gives interviews but when he does he echoes his dad's sentiments. He's become less and less important over the past decade or so. I'm sure a lot of these last vestiges will fall off eventually. 

Paul Brown was great for the sport, and instrumental in desegregating the league, but if he ever somehow came back I'm sure he'd run through the Bengals locker room and destroy all the chess boards and ping pong tables and poo like Jesus throwing the bankers out of the temple.

• Beer 2

16 minutes ago, Mage said:

What a legendary press conference in Panthers history. It’ll be a shame when most people no longer get this reference. And that was right before the doomed 2010 season I believe.

This was when it was very clear that Jerry wasn't 100% anymore 

He had a pretty serious heart surgery at age 73. Obviously he didn't have a choice, but I would tell patients to avoid anesthesia for anything that isn't life threatening over 65. And heart surgery itself is a huge strain on the body at any age, to say nothing about over 70. There are some cardiologist/neurologists that think every patient who receives a surgery like that should get an MRI of the brain within a week just to make sure they didn't suffer a stroke. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

13 hours ago, panfanman said:

Chiefs 29th overall yet have won 2 Superbowls recently.  Tells me it doesn't mean all that much.

Also saw a blurb on my Google homepage that said the Cardinals were one of the worst and even charged their players for eating at the facility.  Yet they lured guys like JJ Watt there in recent years, so I also don't know how much it really means.