• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

You ready for a laugh?

Proudiddy

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I cant believe the OP is surprised, especially with Daniel Jones asking for 45million per year. We are bias here. He is 24 years old and has elite athleticism. Players get paid on that notion alone. 

Yeah, but not typically when they have a full rookie contract's worth of tape proving said athleticism doesn't translate very well or at all lol.

And as far as Daniel Jones...  yeah, that's ridiculous, but he's a QB and those guys seem to destroy the previous market value every year.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I cant believe the OP is surprised, especially with Daniel Jones asking for 45million per year. We are bias here. He is 24 years old and has elite athleticism. Players get paid on that notion alone. 

And he was a former 1st round pick.. those guys stay a long time in this league based on draft status alone. 

That said.. If he can catch on... man would we have an elite secondary. 

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Yeah, but not typically when they have a full rookie contract's worth of tape proving said athleticism doesn't translate very well or at all lol.

And as far as Daniel Jones...  yeah, that's ridiculous, but he's a QB and those guys seem to destroy the previous market value every year.

The dude had some duds with us last year (Bucs game), but he also had some really great games. If you show up great on tape.. franchises see opportunity. I mean look at what CJ did with our last coaching staff... now put a competent staff in place for him and we could be eating our words.

I totally understand the humor around this thread, but at the same time... it can be just as quickly seen as a short sighted view.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, raleigh-panther said:

He just seems disengaged many times ..almost joyless 

Not sure of the state of his contract but I wouldn’t resign him.

I think the Panthers can do better 

Despite being torched against TB last season, I still think Taylor has a chance to be really good.  He has shown more to me in flashes than CJ ever has.

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

To me elite athleticism might get draft position. 

but Production gets the second 

panthers can do better   Get someone who wants to play.  I don’t see a lot of ‘want to’ with that guy

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

The dude had some duds with us last year (Bucs game), but he also had some really great games. If you show up great on tape.. franchises see opportunity. I mean look at what CJ did with our last coaching staff... now put a competent staff in place for him and we could be eating our words.

I totally understand the humor around this thread, but at the same time... it can be just as quickly seen as a short sighted view.

Man, it's a lot of bad though.  But, you make a very, very valid point in that it is difficult to judge anyone under the former staff under which CJ was acquired and played for.  

It's just for me, the eye test suggests he will never live up to that draft billing, and in fact, the reality is likely far removed from that.  He just has had some horrible gaffes that you don't see from even average #2 corners.  I still remember going to the Superbowl with undrafted guys like Terry Cousins and Reggie Howard, and I don't remember those guys ever making the boneheaded plays CJ has repeatedly.  And that's why, even under a different staff I just wouldn't have much hope for him...  I would love to be proven wrong if he's here, but man...  a lot of those plays just looked like he was mentally checked out, and I don't think any coach is gonna fix that.

• Pie 1