• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

They're Not Done Trading

chknwing

2 hours ago, hepcat said:

Fitterer loves trading so I think you’re right. Shaq is probably being shopped

I think the ELF deal is more interesting than "GAWD CUT HIM!!!!". If for whatever reasons you can not come to terms with Boze, you better keep Elf. With the little, daley, and anderson deals....its a tiny chance you can find a trade for him too. Plus given the two OGs are injuried......again ELf got starter snaps on his resume, even a new type contract *could be on the table too. Lots more......

I am missing this great D people are saying we are going to put out there. How does that work? 

There are 3 or 4 really good pieces. They are blowing up the scheme/system and changing it. 

Maybe it will be, but why assume the D is gonna be great? What is the basis for that claim? We got a very young and green DC which looks to have had compensation for him being hired away as a value add meaning it wasn't 100% a purely based on skill hire. Sure, they supported him very well with Capers' mentoring and extra eyes, and maybe it will be great. 

But immediately? I think that is wishful thinking when you look at history and see other overhauls and system switching situations with other teams. I think the deeper they dig the lack of draft picks hole, it becomes more difficult to get good quick on defense. 

Someone surprise me and justify the optimism please. With real world good reasons, not the normal fan boy wishing poo. 

58 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

I’m sure CJ Henderson, Ian Thomas, Tommy Tremble, Laviska Shenault, Shaq Thompson are all available. This is a new coaching staff that have no ties to any of these guys 

I've been thinking about Laviska a lot more lately...  I'm thinking he stays and has an expanded role here.  To me, he is the perfect weapon/receiver for a rookie QB...  typically with rookie QBs, the first year, they try to get them in a scheme where they arent holding the ball too long so there are less variables that can go wrong and they are able to get the ball out quick and let the receivers do damage after the catch.  That is perfect for Laviska, and from the small sample size we saw last season, I could see Laviska functioning as a borderline #1/Deebo-type of receiver in that type of offense.  I still don't understand why they didn't get the ball to him more on simple stuff like drags, meshes, stacks, etc. last year, because if you ask me his ability to make explosive plays per touch HAS to be one of the best in the league.