• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Which of these FA WRs would you want to go after?

TheBigKat

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

We win this division if this happens.

Stroud the next big thing. People better start buying the hype. We got something special brewing!

If it is Stroud, that's my next jersey and for the record the only other one I have is Cam.  

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, Matthias said:

I wouldn't trade for a receiver.  For me, we need to save what ammo we can in order to move up and get Marvin Harrison next year.  I'm willing to sell all the marbles to get him.

You guys live in fantasy land.

Why would other teams trade can't miss prospects?

If these guys are what you think they are those teams will select them. Caleb/Maye/Harrison will be the top 3 picks next year.

2 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

You guys live in fantasy land.

Why would other teams trade can't miss prospects?

If these guys are what you think they are those teams will select them. Caleb/Maye/Harrison will be the top 3 picks next year.

We would have to trade up into the top three then. 

14 hours ago, therealmjl said:

Sidenote: the trade was never going to happen without Moore being included. The Bears pushed for this.

I'm aware of that. Sometimes the smart thing is to back away, instead of cowering to every demand. There's also a great possibility that the player picked at No. 1 would still be available at 2 or 3. Perhaps as late as 9.

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, csx said:

It sounds like you formed a very strong opinion but did not read any of the contextual information regarding the trade. 

I read every fuging word. Try again. 

Just because a team demands something, doesn't mean you have to cowtow to that demand. That's what stupid GMs do. Hurney got flamed for it but somehow, now, it's OK to give away all your good players, because somehow that's the way you win.

Just now, Carl Spackler said:

I'm aware of that. Sometimes the smart thing is to back away, instead of cowering to every demand. There's also a great possibility that the player picked at No. 1 would still be available at 2 or 3. Perhaps as late as 9.

We’ve had Moore for years with nothing to show. Even the best WRs need a QB to get them the ball regularly. 

13 hours ago, Sub Zero said:

Okay!! 
Now a few Questions..

Do you have to do that year 1 of a 5 year experience???

If you can’t is that the end all to be all??

Have you seen the FA list right now and the draft???

Are Any of them going to be a number 1 great WR day 1???

So again is this going to be the end of this experience if you can’t get your great WR year 1??

Do you trust the staff you assembled to be able to navigate until you get the Number 1 great WR???

Okay!! lol

1) Yes, you do. Cam Newton had Steve Smith, Greg Olsen and Jeremy Shockey. This team has plumbers and truck drivers at WR and TE.

2) Oh not at all, unless you want to win games.

3) Yes. The wide receiver FA list right now is absolute asswater.

4) The most likely instant-impact WR will go in the top 12, if not earlier.

5) No, the end of the experience is when the next QB is drafted, the GM and coaches get fired, or the team starts winning and doesn't need to do those.

6) No. Take your greatest HC ever, whoever you perceive him to be, and strip him of all offensive talent. He won't win.

9 minutes ago, Matthias said:

We would have to trade up into the top three then. 

With what picks?

lmao we dont own our 1st or 2nd next year.

This a pipedream my man. I love the thought but we simply don't have the assets to pull off such move.

Edited by CamWhoaaCam
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Right, but now you have to hope and pray you get a QB as good as Moore is a WR, and now, you don't even have Darnold-tier WRs to catch his passes.

You have to eventually try for a QB. We could have 3 DJ Moores and it wouldn’t matter until we have a QB. IF our QB looks the part we will probably make a big splash for a great WR next year when we have more cap. Similar to the Bills and Diggs. 

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

You have to eventually try for a QB. We could have 3 DJ Moores and it wouldn’t matter until we have a QB. IF our QB looks the part we will probably make a big splash for a great WR next year when we have more cap. Similar to the Bills and Diggs. 

I'm all in favor of trying for a QB. I don't trust this team to be smart enough to draft Stroud.

• Pie 1