• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Video Breaking down how Bryce Young can actually throw to the middle of the field

Ricky Spanish

31 minutes ago, Eric4280 said:

What is the difference between him and Dak in terms of talent and traits? Solid playmakers, underrated mobility, good deep balls, not a ton of throws they can’t make. But just don’t SEEM to have that “it” factor. Just a safe, reliable, above average option.

Stroud’s strength is his accuracy. He is a Goff to Burrow type player. Hopefully our staff would get him closer to Burrow (who McCown already compared him to). 
Young has flashes of Mahomes in his game and thrives under pressure like Mahomes. Will he be able to have a long career with his frame is the only concern and it’s something our staff can’t correct or develop. 
We could potentially get a mini Mahomes in Young or a Burrow in Stroud. Either way we should have the most excitement we have had since Cam was drafted.

• Pie 2

18 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Stroud’s strength is his accuracy. He is a Goff to Burrow type player. Hopefully our staff would get him closer to Burrow (who McCown already compared him to). 
Young has flashes of Mahomes in his game and thrives under pressure like Mahomes. Will he be able to have a long career with his frame is the only concern and it’s something our staff can’t correct or develop. 
We could potentially get a mini Mahomes in Young or a Burrow in Stroud. Either way we should have the most excitement we have had since Cam was drafted.

I don’t doubt Strouds ball distribution ability. I just sincerely highly doubt that we’d be able to put Chase/Higgins/Boyd level wr help next to him. Especially not having a first next year. I personally feel like having teams scraps and leftovers like Theilen and Chark are fine to feature next to a pure 1A. I think we genuinely struggle to find a safety valve or alpha for Stroud in years 1 and 2 of his rookie deal.

Edited by Eric4280

1 hour ago, Eric4280 said:

This is lazy assumption with Tua. His size is because he doesn’t know how to fall/slams his head into the ground constantly. That’s a pocket awareness thing. Being a 15-20 pounds heavier than he is now doesn’t stop those concussions. He’s actually taking judo to learn how to fall.

Tua is one of the smaller QBs in the league, and he gets swung around like a ragdoll, and that's at 6'1 215. Bryce is 5'10 190 👀. Kyler Murray comes in as the smallest and he hasn't even played a full season yet. Withstanding a full NFL season is kind of a big deal, ESPECIALLY if you plan on making any playoff run.

3 minutes ago, Castavar said:

Tua is one of the smaller QBs in the league, and he gets swung around like a ragdoll, and that's at 6'1 215. Bryce is 5'10 190 👀. Kyler Murray comes in as the smallest and he hasn't even played a full season yet. Withstanding a full NFL season is kind of a big deal, ESPECIALLY if you plan on making any playoff run.

He’s 194 and was 204 at the combine. I REALLY don’t think it’s out of the realm of possibility that NFL trainers and teams don’t think it’s wise to tack on extra muscle to support the nfl. Obviously he’ll never be 230 etc but I’d feel fine with him at 210 ish.

Now with the Tua thing and being “swung around like a ragdoll” once again has to do with his pocket awareness and him genuinely not knowing how to fall. It’s evident. He’s actually more compact than most qb his size, which would make it harder to ragdoll. He’s the same or heavier than the following qb: 

Joe Burrow, Derek Carr (listed 2 lb heavier), Desmond Ridder, Mac Jones, Russell Wilson, Baker Mayfield, Kenny Pickett ( 4 lb heavier ), malik Willis, 4 lb lighter than Lawrence, but 4 inches shorter. The list would’ve been a lot shorter naming the heavier QB. Obviously his height is on the lower end. But there is no connection to short qb being thrown around easier.