• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Aho

Harbingers

2 minutes ago, DavidEng said:

Yes it was vs Tony. What a move!

Best shooter on our team hands down if he didn’t play in Ron’s system he’d be a 50 goal a year player. But he adheres to the system, and personally I’m ok with an all for one, one for all system. 

• Pie 2

It also needs to be mentioned that he's been noticeably invisible for a few games, too.

I mean, his game last night was one for the books, but let's not fool ourselves, either. He needs to show up every night, especially with Svech gone. Not saying he needs to score, but he needs to make an impact.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

It also needs to be mentioned that he's been noticeably invisible for a few games, too.

I mean, his game last night was one for the books, but let's not fool ourselves, either. He needs to show up every night, especially with Svech gone. Not saying he needs to score, but he needs to make an impact.

He does these stretches because that’s how Rod uses him. If he scored every night we’d be the best team in hockey for the past 5 years. His two way is ungodly. And I figure we have even waiting for a cup challenge to unleash him.  

• Pie 1

I’m not blaming Pool Party for Aho’s slump but I do think it was daft to put him with Aho. I get the Canes were looking for some World Junior Magic but it takes time for guys to adjust to our system.

I do think the lines as they are currently constructed, give us the best chance to win.

Martinook - Aho - Necas

Jarvis - Kotkaniemi - Fast

Teravainen - Staal - Puljujarvi

Noesen - Drury - Stepan

• Pie 2

On 3/19/2023 at 11:35 AM, MillionDollarCam said:

I’m not blaming Pool Party for Aho’s slump but I do think it was daft to put him with Aho. I get the Canes were looking for some World Junior Magic but it takes time for guys to adjust to our system.

I do think the lines as they are currently constructed, give us the best chance to win.

Martinook - Aho - Necas

Jarvis - Kotkaniemi - Fast

Teravainen - Staal - Puljujarvi

Noesen - Drury - Stepan

Not sure I like Marty on the 1st line.  I like Turbo moved to 1st or 2nd and Marty playing with Staal and Puljujarvi. 

Svech's injury has made it tough to optimally configure the top 3 lines, but that's my opinion.  If you put Turbo on the 1st line he probably doesn't shoot enough (he already doesn't, but with Aho and Necas that gets worse).  If you move Jarvis up to the 1st line and put Turbo on the second line, Turbo probably (maybe?) will shoot more, but I think that makes the 1st line worse defensively.

There's a lot to consider - I like Marty for his energy but he is typically a black hole when it comes to creativity and scoring.  Of course when I stated at the beginning of the season I thought Marty shouldn't be in the starting lineup he performed well so hopefully he gets this memo.

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, Rocky Davis said:

There's a lot to consider - I like Marty for his energy but he is typically a black hole when it comes to creativity and scoring.  Of course when I stated at the beginning of the season I thought Marty shouldn't be in the starting lineup he performed well so hopefully he gets this memo.

You know Martinook is playing well when every time you look, someone on the opposing team is going after him.

He was in Kucherov's head less than 10 minutes into the game.

• Pie 4

22 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

You know Martinook is playing well when every time you look, someone on the opposing team is going after him.

He was in Kucherov's head less than 10 minutes into the game.

He grinds but that’s why he works so well on the Staal line. He’s not meshing well on 1 as a unit right now though. And didn’t the last time we tried this. I’d almost like to give Noesen a shot at one and put Jarvis on 4 until he starts scoring again. 

Edited by Harbingers
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 1